Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 2:04:17 PM EDT

I'm thinking real seriously about getting a CMP Garand. But am I going to be dodging hot brass everytime I pull the trigger? Thanks in advance for the replys

MB
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Noop  I am lefty also dont wory about the brass by the gun as soon as you can I got a service grade springfield armory greek return, it was in excellent shape. The wait was the worst thing. And dont forget to buy lots of ammo.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:23:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a lefty and have no problem with getting hit with brass shooting my M1's. Also no problems with shooting left carbines,M1A's AR's, Fal. HTH,Nick
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#3]
As I thought about it  I figured out that any of the top ejecting rifles shouldn't be a problem. My SKS doesn't  flip them back at me. I just was remembering all the hot brass m-16's used to drop on me.

MB
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:19:43 AM EDT
[#4]
The M1 Garand is very lefty friendly. I am a lefty and while never have brass hit me. It's easy to load (heel of hand always has control of op rod handle) and the saftey is perfect for us southpaws. Makes it one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:02:00 AM EDT
[#5]
A properly lubed Garand tosses brass at 1 o'clock.  As it gets dry or dirty, the worst it will do will be 3 o'clock.  No problem at all for lefties.  I shoot both sides and it's a very comfortable lefty rifle.

Rome
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top