Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 3:45:24 PM EDT
I'm Headed To CMP North This Week, Can I Bring Any Guages To Check TE/MW ..????

Yes, I am just learning how these work and do not even own one yet. But, I'm going by there Saturday AM and would like to stop by for an hour or so to see what I can see. If I can bring in a 30.06 shell I won't worry about it but if they only allow guages I'll get one shipped ASAP for a few extra bucks..

If I run across something nice I'll buy it but I've made mistakes before and would like to approach this probable purchase with a semi-educated decision.

Thanks....
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Save your money.  They have gauges that they are more than willing to let you use. The employees there are very friendly and knowledgeable.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#2]
You dont need to bring any gauges, they have them. Use the ME to find one you want and they will TE is for you.

Call ahead to double check doors open time, when I went they opened at 8:30, I got there at 8 and they let me in. I wasnt the first one there.

I stayed in the rackers, and my worst one was ME <2 & TE <3.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, they have gages there.

Keep in mind, however, the their gages are reputed to be worn and show MORE wear than is actually there. (By Parallax Bill and I have no reason to doubt him)

If you find something that shows 2ME on their gage, it's likelt more like a 1.5 or a 1 ME.

I did find a Field grade that measured 1ME on their gage, last time I was there.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:15:37 AM EDT
[#4]
As stated, don't worry about bringing gauges.

Do bring lots of money however, you'll need it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#5]
They are all C&R's right?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:27:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They are all C&R's right?

N/A.  They do a NICS on you online and by the authority vested to them from Congress its cash and carry after background check, iirc.

Link

Why has the CMP gone to 100% NICS checks?

1. For the customer it further simplifies the purchase application process and reduces the amount of paper the customer has to copy and send to CMP.
  2. For the CMP it standardizes the process and allow us to automate the background check function.  We no longer have to check each application against the ATF list to see if whatever the customer provided is acceptable (or grand fathered) or not acceptable.
  3. We do not have to concern ourselves that the copy of the FFL, C&R, or CCW (often blurred and hard to read) may be fo

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top