Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 3:54:22 AM EDT
I admit, I'm a black rifle addict, and spend most of my time of the AR15 forums, but I've always had a special place in my heart for an M1A. I recently came accross a used M1A at a local shop that has rekindled my M1A obsession. The rifle is beautiful with a redder finish than usual with an early matching wood handguard. The shop owner told me he traded the rifle from a high-power rifle shooter about 8-9 years ago, and supposedly the original owner had it for about the same amount of time. It is definitely a pre-ban, and has been glass bedded. I was told it is a Loaded/or National Match, the shop owner wasn't completely sure. The serial number is 018xxx. I'd put the whole # in, but honestly can't remember it exactly, other than it appeared kind of low. The rifle appears in excellent shape with only a few scuff marks on the stock from the metal buckles of the Turner Saddlery leather sling. The asking price is $1386.00.

Sorry for the limited description, but do you think this is a good deal?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:15:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2006 4:39:54 AM EDT by H2O_MAN]

Originally Posted By wreckdiver:The serial number is 018xxx. I'd put the whole # in, but honestly can't remember it exactly, other than it appeared kind of low. The rifle appears in excellent shape with only a few scuff marks on the stock from the metal buckles of the Turner Saddlery leather sling. The asking price is $1386.00.

Sorry for the limited description, but do you think this is a good deal?

Check with Different first, but a 1980/81 production M1A as described sounds like a good deal.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:14:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2006 5:15:30 AM EDT by Different]
Yes, I give the buy signal.

This is a 1981 National Match M1A. This M1A will likely have a decent amount of USGI parts. If the barrel isn't worn out (previous owner was a competition shooter) it will likely shoot like a house on fire. I'm not up on the price of slings but the Turner sling is probably worth $50.00 itself. When you buy it, ask the shop owner if there's any twenty rounder magazines that come with it. Even if you need to get the M1A rebarreled, this is still a fair deal IMO. The loaded standard model did not come out until 1997.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:52:06 AM EDT
Thanks Different. Great website by the way.
Top Top