Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 8:53:06 PM EDT
I have a SA M21 TAC
I bought a arms mount for it but sometimes the brass seems to hit the bottom of the mount.
Does anyone use a different model and are they happy with it.
thanks
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#1]

M14 Scope Mount, Wire EDM, NSN 5855-01-506-5750
Number one selling M14 scope mount to USG. MIL STD 1913 with see-through channel for use of issue iron sights. Marked "US Property" and with NSN. Wire EDM 4140 CM steel manufactured

Here is the link: www.smithenterprise.com/products03.html

You did say The Best
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks buddy
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:23:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Smith Enterprise myself and like it.  Prior to have the Smith I was using the ARMS #18 and liked it more.  However my rifle would not eject some rounds due to them getting caught on the edge of the mount.  This was the mounts fault but the rifle's.  If I ever get anything other than a Springfield rifle I will slap the #18 on it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:33:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's my favorite, Smith's 7.0" MIL STD 1913, NSN 1005-01-533-8160.  Now resting on my M14SE with a Leupy Mark4 3-5X10.  Will be testing with a PAS-10 in a few weeks.  They now have some on sale that lack the NSN and other USG markings.  It is otherwise the same unit provided to the government.  Not sure if any are left.
www.smithenterprise.com

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:21:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I was just out at the Smith site and it says they still have the Weaver version (instead of he 1913) on-sale for $105. Says there are 41 left. Does anyone know if that is a current inventory of these mounts? At this point I'd like to upgrade from my cheap-o Leapers mount, but the $275 SEI mount would stretch me too much. The way I have my Leapers mount is perfect anyways... and since that's got the typcal Weaver slots, the SEI Weaver mount would be perfect.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought the 7" SEI mount without the NSN for $260.00 .....and I don't even own a rifle!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:28:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was just out at the Smith site and it says they still have the Weaver version (instead of he 1913) on-sale for $105. Says there are 41 left. Does anyone know if that is a current inventory of these mounts? At this point I'd like to upgrade from my cheap-o Leapers mount, but the $275 SEI mount would stretch me too much. The way I have my Leapers mount is perfect anyways... and since that's got the typcal Weaver slots, the SEI Weaver mount would be perfect.

======
Jeez, I forgot to mention the Weaver SEI's!  Heck, for $105.oo you'd have to be crazy to pass those up.  Let's see....it's about 1330 in Phoenix, right.  Heck, give 'em a call -- maybe there are some left.  480 964-1818. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the GGG mount currently, does anyone know if the Smith mount ( or any other) sits any higher than the GGG?
My scope is not clearing my rear sight and I would rather replace the mount than get the high rings.

Jeffrey
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:28:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have the GGG mount currently, does anyone know if the Smith mount ( or any other) sits any higher than the GGG?
My scope is not clearing my rear sight and I would rather replace the mount than get the high rings.

Jeffrey

i had the same problem with my scope hitting my rear sight aperture so i filed the threds down a little and now the aperture will go deeper down into the body of the rear  sight. this gave me plenty of room for my scope and was the absolute lowest possible way to mount the scope. i am useing an arms mount (nsn 1240-01-316-0055) and so far it has been great. you might try the same thing with your rear sight and see if it helps. alot cheeper than buying a new mount.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top