Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 11:15:49 AM EDT
Is it true that HTS from M1 will work in M1A?  I have a Polytech M14S with the fake FH.  Need to install USGI FH+bayo lug ... so need to install 5 US parts (including the FH).  I plan to replace the HTS and Handguard.  BTW, what are good sources for ordering USGI parts for M1A (besides Fulton Armory)?

Thanks.
oz
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Is it true that HTS from M1 will work in M1A?  I have a Polytech M14S with the fake FH.  Need to install USGI FH+bayo lug ... so need to install 5 US parts (including the FH).  I plan to replace the HTS and Handguard.  BTW, what are good sources for ordering USGI parts for M1A (besides Fulton Armory)?

Thanks.
oz

What the hell is HTS?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Ooopss ... HTS = Hammer Trigger Sear ..... basically the fire control group.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Hammer, yes.

Trigger/sear assembly, should work, have read that sear sometimes needs work if using m14/m1a in garand.  Not sure it there is any problem going the other way.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hammer, yes.

Trigger/sear assembly, should work, have read that sear sometimes needs work if using m14/m1a in garand.  Not sure it there is any problem going the other way.

14 trigger (with attached sear) will need to be modified to fit the garand,
a garand trigger(with attached sear) will work fine in a M1A  
hammers are interchangble, as are the springs, and pins

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Must be an  FAL guy.

Over here it called a trigger assembly.

JR
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:14:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Must be an  FAL guy.

Over here it called a trigger assembly.

JR

You are right, I started off being a FAL guy ... but my M1 collection now supercedes the FAL by a 2:1 margin.  But the old terms already stucked in my brain.

Thank you for all your help.  I guess the solution is easier than I thought.  I can simply use my Garand hammer, trigger-sear to replace the chinese parts on my Poly M14S to make it 922r compliant.  Great!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Just to clarify, for those who might have come in late (which might or might not include you), the idea is not to replace FIVE parts to become compliant, the idea is that you may have NO MORE THAN TEN FOREIGN PARTS off the list below if you want to add a flash hider and/or bayonet lug. No flash, no lug (or other "evil" parts), no problem, have all the foreign parts you want. Note that using a USGI mag gets three foreign parts off your list, BUT prevents you from legally using the wonderful, cheap Type 57 mags in your gun.

(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings
(2) Barrels
(3) Barrel extensions
(4) Mounting blocks (trunions)
(5) Muzzle attachments
(6) Bolts
(7) Bolt carriers
(8 ) Operating rods
(9) Gas pistons
(10) Trigger housings
(11) Triggers
(12) Hammers
(13) Sears
(14) Disconnectors
(15) Buttstocks
(16) Pistol grips
(17) Forearms, handguards
(18 ) Magazine bodies
(19) Followers
(20) Floorplates

Note that not all these parts apply to M14, regardless, you can have no more than 10 foreign from the list in order to legally add evil features. (Also check your state law for evil feature compliance.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top