Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/9/2006 4:48:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/9/2006 5:50:32 PM EDT by lithgow303]
Gents-

I'm currently shopping around for someone to build up the big pile of M14/M1A parts I have into a rifle.

I've narrowed it down to a few places, but had a question for those who have had rifles built by Ted Brown Dba Shooters Den. Specifically, I was curious as to how long his turn around time is?

Any responses would be appreciated, thanks!
Lithgow303

ETA:

Cool! thanks for the responses guys! All the builders I was looking at are off at the shot show, so communication with them is limited for the next few days...

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:29:06 PM EDT
Well, the most accurate answer for the current turnaround time would probably come from Ted himself. Email him and see what he has to say.

I had him assemble my Fulton receiver into a Bush type last summer. I can't recall specific dates, but from sending the parts to him to getting word it was ready was maybe 2-3 weeks. I'm no gunsmith, but as far as I can tell, he did a fine job with the rifle and I'm very happy with it. If M14 clone #3 ends up being a ground up build, I'll use him again.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:31:16 PM EDT
I have ussed Ted on a M1 carbine build. He did a great job in a just a few weeks. Email or call him. WarDawg
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:18:16 AM EDT
Ted built 2 LRB M14SA's for me back in 2004,got them both back in 2 weeks

Longhunter
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:26:37 PM EDT
never used him but the guys over at m14.com have nothing but great things to say about Ted and his work.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:17:14 PM EDT
I had a M1A/Armscorp built by Ted Brown. The receipt for the work done came with the rifle, that being said Warbird is considerably cheaper although Ive never used either personally.

http://www.warbirdscustomguns.com/
Top Top