Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/8/2006 11:53:08 AM EDT
So my new in the box ( intended to be a beater) M1A arrived yesterday, an M14S. I decided to get once since the earlier bolt issues have been solved so that I could use that to plink with instead of my pristine winchester built M14. I expected a clunker, maybe some shoddy workmanship but the rifle is VERY tight, and there are no more machine marks visible than my 1943 dated springfield M1. The bolt even has a punch mark on the underside where the hardness test was done. The parkerizing is deep and rich, the gas piston and barrel are chromed and the wood (althought it isn't walnut) could almost pass for it, being dark and uniformly tight grained with the grain running parrallel from forend to butt. The sights adjust sharply and accurately as well. From a machine rest at 100 meters she shot a 1.5 M.O.A. with portugese surplus 7.62mm and I haven't touched it or bedded it yet!. A few of the parts aren't u.s.g.i. compatable (gas plug and gas cylinder lock, and muzzle nut) but all in all I am VERY impressed so far with this rifle. For $399 I may get another one to put away for later. Just had to share.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:02:39 PM EDT
$400!!! for an M1A!!!!!! where the fuck did you find it?! and are there more!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:19:27 PM EDT
$399 canadian. I'm a dual citizen, joined the military with my two cousins on the canadian side. Kinda makes me glad, now that I can get $399 M1As and $600 VZ 57s and $500 SVT40s delivered to my door!.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:20:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By photoman:
$400!!! for an M1A!!!!!! where the fuck did you find it?! and are there more!

There are plenty more. But they're in Canada, and can't be brought into the USA legally. The poster has dual citizenship and I believe he's keeping the gun on the north side of the border.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:20:21 PM EDT
M14S?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:32:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RABID:
$399 canadian. I'm a dual citizen, joined the military with my two cousins on the canadian side. Kinda makes me glad, now that I can get $399 M1As and $600 VZ 57s and $500 SVT40s delivered to my door!.

Damn go figure there wouldn;t be a way to get one. Oh well gues i just keep on waiting.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:42:02 PM EDT
Keep calling your representatives, and the worm may turn. It looks like the long gun registry in canada will get killed, and the laws go back to pre '94 which means I can drive aroung in the truck all year long with my AR and 30 round mags. ANd surplus M14s, L1A1s, FALs and such will pour in again.
Hell I got a buddy that had an STG44 sent to his house in '85.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:33:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MTNmyMag:
M14S?

Norico made semi-automatic M14 clone.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:30:24 PM EDT
...... or it might be a PolyTech M14S. $399 Canadian is dirt cheap.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:04:35 AM EDT
Thats what I was thinking, Norinco or another knock off.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:44:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:02:16 PM EDT
It's made by norinco, and comes in a box marked M14S, the reciever is marked "M14 .308 CJA SFLD MICH. NORINCO" The rifle is mechanically as tight as my winchester built one and a friend of mine who works in the metallurgy section at the base tested the bolts, recievers and barrels and they are all within milspec, comporable to any high end rifle. The finish isn't perfect, a few machine marks but nothing worse then my 1943 S.A. garand and nothing that couldn't be buffed out and re-finished. It shoots VERY well, averaging 1.5 M.O.A. off a shooting vise@100M. the barrel is chromed as I said and after 300 rounds I have had no problems. I was hesitant to get a chicom copy but after research and the dwindling numbers in the country until re-supply I decided to get one and DO NOT regret it one bit.

The bolts are interchangable with U.S.G.I. bolts without a barrel change now also.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:34:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RABID:
It's made by norinco, and comes in a box marked M14S, the reciever is marked "M14 .308 CJA SFLD MICH. NORINCO" The rifle is mechanically as tight as my winchester built one and a friend of mine who works in the metallurgy section at the base tested the bolts, recievers and barrels and they are all within milspec, comporable to any high end rifle. The finish isn't perfect, a few machine marks but nothing worse then my 1943 S.A. garand and nothing that couldn't be buffed out and re-finished. It shoots VERY well, averaging 1.5 M.O.A. off a shooting vise@100M. the barrel is chromed as I said and after 300 rounds I have had no problems. I was hesitant to get a chicom copy but after research and the dwindling numbers in the country until re-supply I decided to get one and DO NOT regret it one bit.

The bolts are interchangable with U.S.G.I. bolts without a barrel change now also.

Nice. Best of luck!
Top Top