Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/5/2006 1:11:03 PM EDT
Gents,
Need recommendations on a good scope for my M1A, its a Armscorp NM reciever with all GI parts,
it was built by George currently of GA precision back when he worked for Denny's Guns.
It has a GGG 3 point scope base, I am looking to upgrade the scope, I really like the 3.5-15X50 NXS NP-R2 Nightforce, and the US optics too.
Range to be used 100-600 yds out to 1000 occasionally.

Also what quick release mounts would you recommend for my M1A, a big plus would be if it could be also used on my AR varminter.

Thanks
J,
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:17:46 PM EDT
The scope I intend to use, it's on order, is the US Optics Canadian Military Special SN-3 3.2-17x T-Pal.

My M1A has the old style ARMS 18 mount, and I use the ARMS 19 QD swing arm mount with that. So in essence, my scope will be mounted to the ARMS 19 mount (via Badger rings), and that will attach to the ARMS 18 mount on the rifle. It's a very secure system, and always returns to zero when I remove it and replace it - I'm currently using a Leatherwood ART II riflescope.

There is a price special on the USO scope at this time, but I understand it's about to end VERY soon.

Good luck with whatever you decide on.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:00:43 PM EDT
US Optics Canadian Military Special SN-3 3.2-17x T-Pal.

Where are these available, and how much??
My search came up mwith Green mountain for $1998.00 any better deals??

Jeffrey
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:05:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/11/2006 3:07:38 AM EDT by steveinct]
The FIRST thing you need to do is measure the scope mounting grooves in the receiver.

SA M-1As are not "GI Spec" they are "Springfield Spec" which means the rifles are now made to work
with SA's proprietary mounting system.

Brookfield type mounts won't fit properly - they have to be individually mated to the receiver, or else the mount will tilt causing the gun to shoot about 10-feet off the target at 100 yards

I don't know if Armscorp receivers have this issue.
Top Top