Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 4:07:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2006 6:46:16 PM EDT by JaketheSnake]
Well, finally a used Springfield M1A is making its way back into the shop. It is an Early Springy with a serial # of 945XXX *(at least I think so from memory)*. It has a synthetic buttstock in camo with an adjustable check weld built into the stock, and has the Picatinny mount installed.

What is the going rate for such a beast? I admit I know little of what these guns cost. But I have always wanted one!

Talk to me guys.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:57:29 AM EDT
nothin...huh?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:04:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JaketheSnake:
nothin...huh?

Sorry, we ain't trying to be dicks or anything, just need a lot more info as to what the rifle is before anyone can realistically give an accurate value. But if it helps, I'll say, try to get it for about $250 to $300. You should be safe then.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:21:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bishopm14:

Originally Posted By JaketheSnake:
nothin...huh?

Sorry, we ain't trying to be dicks or anything, just need a lot more info as to what the rifle is before anyone can realistically give an accurate value. But if it helps, I'll say, try to get it for about $250 to $300. You should be safe then.

I listed what info I gathered from the rifle. It's an earlier Springfield M1A with a few upgrades (stock, and rail). I have heard people having problems with the newer M1As from springfield that's why I was interested in the older model.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:23:32 AM EDT
If it's an earlier rifle it should have a 5 digit SN#. You really need to see what parts are on it, whether they are GI or not. Stuff like the BBL, op rod, trigger group, bolt, and such, if GI makes a difference on what it is worth. FWIW my 1989 M1A has a SN# beginning with 5, so one with a 9 was probably built in the 90s sometime. I paid 1200 for mine with 1000 rounds of ammo and it was all GI to include the BBL and 5 GI mags. Was not used very much at all.
Top Top