Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 3:17:42 PM EDT
Have an ARMS18 mount on my M1A "bush rifle".  Yep, I know the ARMS 18 is known for sometimes interfering with ejection.  I've replaced the SA forged bolt with a USGI extractor.  Still it fails to eject RG and SA about 20% of the time.  Lots of brass scars on the underside of the ARMS 18 and on the front of the receiver.  Don't want to give up on the ARMS 18 and think it more the weapon.  New ejector?  Stronger ejector spring?  New bolt?  Suggestions?  This is the rifle I've chosen for a hog hunt next week and it is sighted and ready, but no reliable.  Thanks in advance for your help!
AB
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Towards the bottom of Ted's monthly letter,

www.m-14forum.com/showthread.php?t=16155
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Dano.  I was afraid of that.  I reckon I'll swap the ejector.  Then swap the bolt.  Then swap the oprod.  My gas system is squared away.  The malfunction (about 1 in 10) is exactly as stated in the article.  Sometimes its a "stovepipe", grabbing the case just at the base, with a live round chambered but out of battery due to the stovepipe.  Sometimes it drops back in the action.  Really frustrating because my setup is just great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top