Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2006 4:26:26 AM EDT
I  dont know if that makes sense.I want to get a Sage FOR MY m1a.I want the one that has the longer forarm I was told they dont make that one .the only ones made are the chop mod length.I think
the longer forarm looks better.I also read the shorter one has better balance?any way.if you can dirrect me thanks
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:36:45 AM EDT
[#1]
SAGE has not produced the full length EBR for over a year - they only make the Chop Mod.
A little history. The Chop mod is a few ounces lighter than the EBR.

Every now and then an EBR will pop up in the EE, but they sell fast. Good luck
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:38:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered one of the new ones. Gosh I hope I do not get one of the old ones! Why would you want the old ones when the new ones are lighter and better balanced?

Sage Stocks

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just ordered one of the new ones. Gosh I hope I do not get one of the old ones!

You should get a Chop Mod - if you happen to get an old EBR you can sell it for more than the Chop Mod.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:07:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just ordered one of the new ones. Gosh I hope I do not get one of the old ones!

You should get a Chop Mod - if you happen to get an old EBR you can sell it for more than the Chop Mod.

How would I know if I got an old one? How do you tell? Inquiring minds want to know before I mount it :)
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:01:02 AM EDT
[#5]
it hand guard goes all the way to the gas valve.you will get a new one.the old ones are few and far between.when did you order?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Hello,

FlameRed: A photo to help you:

Top one is a chopmod, bottom one is an original SAGE. IMHO, the chopmod is better. My thoughts on the various SAGE stocks:

www.tacticalworks.ca/content_sub/sage_ebr_review/sage_ebr_chopmod_review.html
www.tacticalworks.ca/content_sub/sage_ebr_cqb_review/sage_ebr_cqb_review.html

Take care,

Brobee
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:20:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
when did you order?

Last week. I will have to wait and see what comes. I hope I get the chop mod one. Thanks for letting me know the difference. I assume that if I get the old one someone will want it and I can start looking for a chop mod one elsewhere.

I want to get all my rifles in shape before Hilliary gets in the White House and we get her husband's ban back in force again!!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:15:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like I got the Chop Mod one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top