Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/25/2006 2:25:00 PM EDT
Hello....

Just bought a SOCOM II and wanted to put a scope further back near the rear sight.....I noticed on SA home page they feature a M1A SOCOM II with a scope mounted further back like i want to do. On their web page, what kind of top rail extension is that so you can mount a scope further back near the rear sight? On my SOCOM II my top rail ends over the ejection port. Is that an aftermarket extension is that a different model rifle? where can i get one....Thanks

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:31:40 PM EDT
Your top rail does not extend to the stripper clip guide
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:42:17 PM EDT
The photos are of SAI's new Extended Cluster Rail SOCOM II Model AA9629.

They also catalog a Loaded Std. with the extended cluster rail.

I don't know anything about it other than it's on the website.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:57:31 PM EDT
h20, This is my rifle...

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=42810741

Notice how the top rail ends at the ejection port while in the pics above the top rail goes all the way to the rear sight
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:27:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/25/2006 5:30:26 PM EDT by H2O_MAN]

Originally Posted By bigrob215:
h20, This is my rifle...
Notice how the top rail ends at the ejection port while in the pics above the top rail goes all the way to the rear sight

So what you have and what Springfield sells as the cluster rail is about the same as a Knight's RAS -

The top rail pictured in your first post is featured in this magazine, but it's on the Vltor Modstock.
Your picture shows it on a standard GI synthetic stock.

I have now seen 3 different versions pictured - I'm confused.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:38:48 PM EDT
look here http://securityarms.com/sale/salepage2.htm
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:16:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/25/2006 6:16:55 PM EDT by H2O_MAN]

Originally Posted By taverndog:
look here http://securityarms.com/sale/salepage2.htm

Yeah, the TROY SOPMOD was the first to have the full length rail.
It is also included in the TROY CQB stock pictured here.

Maybe TROY and Vltor got together on the Modstock project...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:27:57 PM EDT
yea i am confused too....i have the same standard stock as pictured above, but my rail stops at the ejection port. i just wrote to springfield and the rep told me that the rifle in the picture is another model SOCOM II (newer model after the standard SOCOM II) and there is no rail extension available. looks like i will have to settle with an aimpoint m2 scope rather than a magnification scope for long range. I tried mounting my Leupold CQ/T scope but eye relief is too far away to see out the scope.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:05:31 PM EDT
How do you like your setups? How heavy are these?

Max
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:04:19 PM EDT

Now I can start to save $ for this instead of a Smiths rail.

By the time when Springfield release it as an accessory, I should have enough $
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:52:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2006 5:57:44 AM EDT by bigrob215]
i just found this Cartridge Clip Guide Scope Mount Base on Fulton Armory's site for $50. I think this will allow me to mount my leupold CQ/T sight with Arms base/mount.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:22:51 AM EDT
FYI, I just got off the phone with a rep at Springfield Armory.

The Socom II that was previewed in the current issue of Guns & Weps for Law Enforcement sits in a Vltor modstock and has a forend rail system that will only be available through Springfield (and offers a rail length extending to the clip guide). The rep stated that they are taking pre-orders for the rail system with expected delivery in 6 to 6+ months.

Goose

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:28:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Goose3201:
FYI, I just got off the phone with a rep at Springfield Armory.

The Socom II that was previewed in the current issue of Guns & Weps for Law Enforcement sits in a Vltor modstock and has a forend rail system that will only be available through Springfield (and offers a rail length extending to the clip guide). The rep stated that they are taking pre-orders for the rail system with expected delivery in 6 to 6+ months.

Goose

Good information Goose.

How much $$ for the rail?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:15:41 AM EDT
LOL, I was so bummed to hear that it was going to be at least 6 months that I forgot to ask.

You can contact Springfield at (800) 680-6866 and ask for service, they should be able to help.
Top Top