Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 1:00:14 PM EDT
Last night I recieved a call from a child hood friend that is enlisted in the Marine Corps. Hes getting deployed on Feb 22 and asked me last night what is the best long range scope (+1000m) for a M14. We grew up in California so his knowledge on weapons isnt the same as mine since Ive been living in WA these past years. And honestly all my knowledge is from lurking on this site all these years. I refered him to a bunch of sites and this forum, but he doesnt really have access to the internent nor does he have the care or skills to research on his own. He was drunk and so was I over the phone, and I think he was trying to explain only 1 guy out of his squad/platoon is issued it and there all pitching in to get him the best long range scope available on the market. Hes going to Iraq so durability and quality is a must. Any recommendations on what to get and where to get it? Thanks arfcom
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#1]
This one on a SEI or Sadlak mount in TPS or other good rings.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#2]
If he's got the dough, Smith Enterprises mount and a Leupold glass would not be a bad set up.  Don't they have access to the scopes they put on the bolt guns.  What are they using now??  Those 10x's???

Just have him call Smith Enterprises, they could do more for him in a phone call than I or others on here can.  I think they're in Phoenix, no?

Can anyone confirm where and phone #???
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I found the Smith Enterprises website and Ill have him give him a call.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks, I found the Smith Enterprises website and Ill have him give him a call.

Grrreeaat!!  Hey, tell your friend thank you for serving.!!!!!!!!
God Bless Him.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:02:55 PM EDT
[#5]
SEI's phone number is 1-480-964-1818 and i would agree a phone call will get you a lot further than any advise here.

SEI is also testing my Kydex adjustable cheek rest and if you friend finds himself in need of an adjustable cheek rest have him get in touch with me directly.

Karsten
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#6]
And any one of you who needs their own aimpoint comp II with QD mount  Kill flash and 2 batteries can have mine for a 100$ discount. I have it on the EE for 350$  I'll ship it to any of your crew for 250$
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top