Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 5:39:01 AM EDT
I just got a springfield mount for my Scout and yes I wanted a Smith, but this was significantly cheaper.  Anyway, I need to break it down to get the pin out of the "stripper clip thingy".  I figured out how to do step one with the trigger housing, but it still won't release from the stock, which I'm thinking it should, if not please let me know what is supposed to come off when I move the housing forward.  Thinking that it is just a tight fit from being NIB, but don't know.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:12:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably just tight as it should come out with out force. Is it synthetic or wood stock?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:35:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, it's synthetic.  If someone can direct me to a good detailed illustration, it could also help.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#3]
www.biggerhammer.net/manuals/  has the M14 manual about 1/2 way down.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks guys.  That one posted from biggerhammer was the one.  I had found a springfield M1A manual that got me close but I still couldn't get it out.  The trick, as in the post above, is to pull the trigger assembly at a 90 degree angle away from the stock.  Those that know and now me, there is a channel that the assembly slides in and if you are pulling up and away, it won't come lose, not easily anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top