Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 7:43:50 AM EDT
OKAY, SO SUNDAY I DECIDED TO FIELD STRIP AND DETAIL MY GARAND. NO BIG DEAL. RIGHT? THEN I CLEANED MY STOCK DOWN WITH DENATURED ALCOHAL AND BEGAN TO RUB IT DOWN WITH LINSEED OIL. OKAY, EVERYTHING IS COOL UP TO THIS POINT. WELL THE STOCK IS ORIGINAL 1943 AS I START TO ADMIRE IT I NOTICE SOME OF THE DINGS AND SCRATCHES START TO LOOK LIKE LETTERS, INITIALS ACTUALLY. SO I CALL MY SON OVER TO LOOK AT IT AND HE SEES THE MARKS AND SAYS THEY KIND OF LOOK LIKE LETTERS BUT CANT BE SURE. I DIDNT DRINK ANY OF THE DENATURED ALCOHAL, I SWEAR. THE LONGER I LOOK AT IT THE MORE THEY LOOK LIKE LETTERS, IS THIS LIKE THE BIBLE CODE? IF I LOOK AT IT LONG ENOUGH WILL IT TELL THE FUTURE OF MAN? ITS ALIVE, ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME.......................
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:48:48 AM EDT
[#1]
could be the cartouches from the person who rebuilt the rifle
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#2]
First off , use of all caps is considered YELLING, and not kosher.

Perhaps this will help you out with discerning the meaning of the cartouches on your stock: www.trfindley.com/pgsnstmpsm1.html

Mike

ps - welcome aboard,
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:59:38 AM EDT
[#3]
sorry mr. wilson, i'm a little hard of hearing...didnt mean it....forgive me i'm an oldddd man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top