Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 3:40:24 PM EDT
Has anybody tryed one of these? I was wondering if they actually improve the accuracy of a Garand.
Thanks
43E1P
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:59:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used the RAMLINE and DPMS synthetic stocks on my Garand. The RAMLINE was a drop in fit, but the DPMS took alot of fitting. I have been pleased with both. The RAMLINE stock did "seem" to make my Garand a bit more accurate, but since I have done other things to it, I cannot claim that the stock alone made it more accurate.
The DPMS stock on the other hand did improve the groups. The DPMS stock is a very tight fit and has remained so after several range sessions where 200 to 300 rds were fired each time.

The advantage to synthetic stocks for me is in the durability over wooden stocks. I had a very nice wooden stock on my Garand. I took my time and refinished it and it looked great...for about 15 minutes. Then as I was going to answer the phone, I hooked my foot on the buttstock as the rifle was leaning up and skeetered it across the concrete floor. I replaced that stock with a synthetic and now I don't worry about nicks, dings, etc. A little Krylon fixes things up just fine now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:51:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I also have had good results with the DPMS stocks.  Do not like the ram line, does not take militay buttplate and seems a bit flimsy.  wwwriverbankarmory.com sells the DPMS stocks for about $50 shipped.  They are in the parts section, page 3, item S12.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:45:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Keep it real.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top