Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/13/2006 9:23:26 AM EDT
Just missed a deal on a Rock Island (?) M1 Carbine. $200 for the rifle in 900 rnds of .30 carbine. Rifle was in great shape and was supposed to be original. My girlfriends dad works with a guy who is sick and selling his collection. He told my girlfriend to tell me about it on Monday, but she forgot. He reminded her on Wed and I said I'd take it, but it was too late. Damn...I dont' know much about M1 Carbines but I know that I missed a great deal. Factoring in the ammo it would have ended up being like $100 for the rifle. Missed it...but did pick up a Rem 700 Varmint with wood stock and Redfield scope for $270.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:15:11 AM EDT
Hmmm... me thinks you need to forget about your girlfriend's birthday present sometime. Or you could "forget" that she is your girlfriend...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:21:05 PM EDT
Rockola Carbine, as in the old juke box people. It today's market, original and unaltered (a big if) that could have been $800 or better. Even if it was a rebuilt import, it's still good for $500. Not including the ammo.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:50:02 PM EDT
There was an ad in the local paper a couple of months back for someone selling a complete M1 Carbine barreled action for $175. I called and was told that it had taken a week or so to sell because people didn't realize that it was just the barreled action and didn't want it. When I asked what make it was I was told "Oh, it was marked Winchester". And yes, it was a complete barreled action with bolt, op rod, barrel bands, etc.

I still kicking myself for not seeing the ad sooner........
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:02:09 PM EDT
There was a guy locally who had 2 USGI carbines for $275 each. I missed them by 20 minutes.
Top Top