Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 1:05:39 PM EDT
I just bought 2 M1's a Garand and a carbine.

I also bought some 30 carbine ammo thats on strippers with chargers in bando's, I think   its Korean.

Is it corrosive?  Decent?

thx
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#1]
how much was the ammo?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I also bought some 30 carbine ammo thats on strippers with chargers in bando's, I think   its Korean.

thx

you picked one up for me right
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:17:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thx

you picked one up for me right

I picked them both up for you man,  they just have to stay at my house, and I get to shoot them all I want until you bring my krink's down.  

BTW: it was cheap....I bought all he had.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have shot about 200 rds of that ammo.  I do not think it is corrosive.   Seemed just a touch hotter than U S  commericial.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#5]
What is the headstamp on the ammo?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:57:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Korean M1 Carbine Ball ammo is good stuff and non corrosive.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I ran  120rds through the carbine on Sunday, she ran like a top.    pretty accurate stuff too.  

on a shitter note, The garand I bought is a single shot.   I didnt notice it but someone brazed the front post shut making it impossible to get to the gas port for cleaning.   Its my guess that its been plugged for some time.  Its going back to the dealer this afternoon.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Some of it is corrosive or so I've read on a couple of different boards.

Headstamp KA is corrosive. PS is not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top