Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 10:13:24 AM EDT
Do these free float teh barrel without bedding the action? I assume it is a solid  system once the action is installed? How is it held in?  THe sage can have a side folding AR type stock as well as the HK slyle slider stock correct?

Have never shot a M1A but have heard that the op rod flexing and the trigger system are limiting factors in getting max accuracy. Is this true? What can I expect with, say, a kreiger heavy fluted match barrel?

S.O.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#1]

Do these free float teh barrel without bedding the action?

Yes, as much as an M14 can be free floated.

I assume it is a solid system once the action is installed?

Yes, I had to get the action fully seated inot the stock with a rubber mallet.

How is it held in?

A combination of being held in by tension from the  trigger group as well as 3 bolts through the provided op-rod guide.

THe sage can have a side folding AR type stock as well as the HK slyle slider stock correct?

I can't comment on the folder as all I've seen has been the slider.

Have never shot a M1A but have heard that the op rod flexing and the trigger system are limiting factors in getting max accuracy. Is this true? What can I expect with, say, a kreiger heavy fluted match barrel?

Your correct on the op rod and gas system "limits" the accuracy to some extent, but there are ways to correct for it.  As for what kind of accuracy you can expect. I have found that it is as accurate as a properly bedded rifle-but the bedding won't wear out on this.
I'll tell you now that you will have to have your barrel recontoured if you want it to fit in the Sage as a heavy profile won't fit. A Barnett medium countour had to have a "smidge" taken off to fit in the stock correctly.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:11:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Your correct on the op rod and gas system "limits" the accuracy to some extent, but there are ways to correct for it.  As for what kind of accuracy you can expect. I have found that it is as accurate as a properly bedded rifle-but the bedding won't wear out on this.
I'll tell you now that you will have to have your barrel recontoured if you want it to fit in the Sage as a heavy profile won't fit. A Barnett medium countour had to have a "smidge" taken off to fit in the stock correctly.

How much thicker is a medium weight barrel from a standard USGI barrel? Can the medium weight be fluted?

I saw what I thought to be a SAGE stock that had a side folding stock, it was a feature article in a Surefire special Edition magazine.

Thanks,

Bryan
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw what I thought to be a SAGE stock that had a side folding stock, it was a feature article in a Surefire special Edition magazine.

BryanNo actually that is an MFS-14 stock from McMillan in green, it's shown on their website in some kind of dessert camo. And I'm sorry to threadjack but can somone tell me what kind of accuracy I can expect from a springfield loaded standard in a sage stock?.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:40:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
what kind of accuracy I can expect from a springfield loaded standard in a sage stock?.

If you NM condition the trigger and install a NM op rod spring guide you should get about 1 MOA.
There are a few additional mods that will tighten up your groups.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:11:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

If you buy the SAGE with the M16 receiver extension, ACE stocks does make a folding mechanism...
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:22:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you buy the SAGE with the M16 receiver extension, ACE stocks does make a folding mechanism...

Anyone have a pic of what that looks like?

S.O.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's all I have from the ACE website:

www.aceltdusa.com/adapters.htm

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here's all I have from the ACE website:

www.aceltdusa.com/adapters.htm
www.aceltdusa.com/images04/adapters/RA29%20%20(ARRB_M4)_med.jpg
www.aceltdusa.com/images04/adapters/RA30%20%20(ARRB)_med.jpg

Where does the buffer go?

S.O.

it only works with .22 conv kits, or with oly, or ZM gas systems
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top