Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/3/2006 5:22:41 AM EDT
I'm sure this one has been asked many times before, but I'm looking to get an M1A. Mainly to be used for an all-around plinker for ranges between 100-300 yards. This will not be a safe-queen, I try to take all my rifles out several times a month and shoot them as much as I can afford to. All GI parts are a must. Price is not a concern. What are my options? Fulton, LRB, Armscorp all come to mind. Thanks. MJD
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:33:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By highwayman:
I'm looking to get an M1A. All GI parts are a must. Price is not a concern. What are my options?

MJD, if you can't find an all GI used safe queen get the LRB with a chrome lined barrel. It will have all USGI parts.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:34:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By H2O_MAN:

Originally Posted By highwayman:
I'm looking to get an M1A. All GI parts are a must. Price is not a concern. What are my options?

MJD, if you can't find an all GI used safe queen get the LRB with a chrome lined barrel. It will have all USGI parts.

Good advice
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:45:41 AM EDT
LRB is the only way to go!!!!

www.lrbarms.com
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:46:44 AM EDT
I got myself a use SA safe queen for $1150. Posted up a want ad and had it here within two weeks. Came with a synthetic stock and I bought a wood stock from Freds.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:00:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tim84K10:
I got myself a use SA safe queen for $1150. Posted up a want ad and had it here within two weeks. Came with a synthetic stock and I bought a wood stock from Freds.

I take it you mean posted the want-ad on the EE? Ideally this is what I'm looking for. I don't want to spend $2K on something I can get for $1100-1300. Granted the SA might not be quite as good as the LRB, but I doubt for my intended purpose I would be able to see a difference. MJD
Top Top