Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2005 11:41:16 AM EDT
Is the short top butt plate screw supposed to be a wood screw. I am putting on a new butt plate and the top screw looks to fine a thread to be a wood screw. It's the one that came with a wood stock though. It looks like the ones used with a fiberglass stock, or are they all the same?  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a square fine thread nut and a spring stee retaining cage that slips into the slot just in front of the hole. There were also some  Coarse round thread wood screws used on some wooden stock, possibly an early carry over from M1 Garand parts.

Karsten
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:22:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Both the wood stocks I have do not have the cut out for the nut. Both are US GI stocks. Someone must have put in the wrong top screw. I guess I will try to find the proper coarse wood type screw. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Look up Clyde at RA Parts for the wood screwat

www.raparts.com then given him a call.

Karsten
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top