Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2003 3:23:39 PM EDT
I think this is one of the best looking variations of the M1A, however the price of $ 4195 from Springfield armory, is way to steep for me.

Do any of the custom M1A builders do this model and what do you think the cost would be?
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out the M21, as a clone of the M25 is just that...a clone.  You are buying more then just a great rifle in the M25 IMO, you are buying the name and a collectors item

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 8:13:01 AM EDT
[#2]
The advantage of the M25 over the M21 would be the integrated scope base. The M25 also comes with a Krieger bbl while the M21 is a Douglas Premium. I also agree with previous post that the extra $1500 isn't worth it. Get the M21.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 8:59:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I got a M21 from a local dealer a few months ago for $2400 out the door. Tax here is 8.75%, so I did very well with that price. I've only put a few rounds through it and am waiting to scope it before I start working up loads for it. Seems like a great piece so far and with the adjustable comb it'll work out even better scoped.  :)
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 5:53:25 AM EDT
[#4]
The two main features of the M25 that I like, are the McMillian stock and the scope mount, this combination IMHO is the way to go if wanting to have an M1A with optics, I tried using a scope with an Enterprise mount and a cheek pad, it's okay like this, but the basic design of the M1A is not to good for adding a scope, it's an open sights rifle, plus the M25 model just looks freakin awsome!

Coolness Factor, Off the scale!!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:08:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Happy,

Try Iron Brigade Armory.  The guy is a retired Marine and he does great work.  I have never bought anything from him but I would if I had the extra dough.

Max
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:35:10 AM EDT
[#6]
HappyJack...

Yes, you can have that same rifle produced for you. Go to Fulto Armory's web site, and order one of their match guns. After that, drop in a McMillan stock, and there you have it. You can do this same gun for less than $3000, if you shop around.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#7]
G&A had an article about the M25 recently and the author said the rifle was not as consistent as he would have liked.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 5:39:37 AM EDT
[#8]
A local gun shop ordered one for a customer.  The customer had the owner shoot it in for him.  The owner told me that he was NOT impressed,especially for the price......
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Spoke with someone at Fulton Armory, they can build it based on their Peerless Grade rifle.

I think this is a good option, it would cost less than the Springfield model and would be custom built with all USGI parts and given accuracy standards.

RobarSR60... recomendation is right on target!

I will also check with Iron Brigade to see what they have to offer.

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I saw a guy at a range that was having some problems getting his to group.  I don't know what the deal was, he wasn't talkative.  He was shooting from a bench rest using a Leupold scope.  Could have been the ammo but I have no idea.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I think this is one of the best looking variations of the M1A, however the price of $ 4195 from Springfield armory, is way to steep for me.

For that kind of coin, you could buy a real nice .50 cal. with a serious scope on it and still have some $$$ left for ammo...

If you want an affordable tack-driving M1A, check with Smith Enterprise or Ted Brown of "The Shooter's Den" in Oregon. Personally, I'd recommend Ted. He used to be an Armorer in the Marine Corps and truly knows his $h!t when it comes to M1A's. I've got a M1A that was built by him. All USGI parts(mostly Winchester but with a TRW trigger group) on a Springfield Armory, Inc. receiver in a USGI synthetic stock. No glass bedding. Not a single National Match part of any kind anywhere on the rifle. But it'll shoot sub-MOA with Federal Gold Medal 168gr. Match ammo. I posted pictures of one of the groups I fired at 100 yards with it here once. (I know some of you folks remember that...) It was 5 shots into two holes that could be covered by a nickle. It'll shoot 2 - 4 MOA with mil-surp ball ammo of various countries of manufacture.

Ted also probably has a bit less of a wait and may be a little less expensive.

Just my $0.02...

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#12]
what SA inc calls M25 isn't what the military calls the M25.  

if you send a receiver to any of the top smiths and tell them to do their stuff and build you an M25.  you'll come out cheaper and probably have a more accurate rifle than what SA sells.  basically you're paying $1500 for their propetary scope mount.  it's is suppsodely made by ARMS but only sold to SA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top