Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/13/2003 7:45:47 AM EDT
Does anybody have any experience with this powder in the M1 Garand? More specifically shooting 168gr. SMK's.

I have sent an e-mail to Western Powder and have not gotten a reply after 5 days!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:06:22 PM EDT
The biggest reason you haven't got a reply from Western is because they don't make TAC. Check the container for the manufacturers address or do an Internet search for Ramshot.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:14:13 PM EDT
Is this the link you got their email addy from? http://www.ramshot.com/contact.htm And did you email powder@midrivers.com? If so, you contacted the right people. Problem is, for some reason, they're not answering email. I had to enquire about some data from them including what appeared to be unsafe .357 Sig data but never got an answer from them.

Also, directly quoted from their site: "Ramshot is a registered trademark of Western Powders, Inc." So yes, they are part of Western Powders, Inc.

Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:58:37 AM EDT
Yes I e-mailed the address from the Ram Shot Powder web-site. The one that said "For technical questions click here" sort of thing.

The data listed on their web-site seemed kind of hot for the M1, 168 gr. bullet at 2900 fps.
But they say that TAC is perfect for gas operated guns. I am only trying to confirm data before I do something stupid.
Top Top