Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2003 10:59:34 AM EDT
A very good friend gave me some GI m14 mags as a bonus in a transaction. A couple are still in the plastic and a couple are out but do not look to have insertion marks. I do not own an M1A or anything to use these in. What are the worth and is there a demand for them? thanks
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 11:12:48 AM EDT
[#1]
is there a demand?  Yes

worth? oh 5-10 dollars each

seriously, they are worth more. actual going rate? donno, been off the market for some time.

let me know how much you want for them, could always use a few more
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 11:15:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I will check around and see what the going rate is or so. I will try and see if I can trade them for something useful to me. I will post  wrapper and mag markings when I have a chance at home tonight.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been looking for some good M14 mags for a while.  Only the USGI M14 mags are really good and easy to sell with a fair demand now.  They go for $36 in excelent used, with new in wrapper $44 at Coles right now.  Some places ask up to $60 for these NIW mags.  All USGI are 20 round mags.

The USA Mags brand M14 magazines are poorly regarded by those in the know, and will bring only 10-15 bucks each.  Chineese M14 mags are good stuff and should fetch $25 or so.

I could use a couple more USGI mags. IM mail me if you are interested in selling 2 to 4 of them and we can talk prices.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I have about 5 mags I believe. If I decide to sell these now I will contact you both. I do not want this to become a for sale ad. don't want to piss off the mods. I am now just looking for info.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 5:23:43 PM EDT
[#5]
$35-$40 is about right for new or like new mags.Some people are asking $50-$60 for a mag but that's exactly what they are doing---"Asking"--good luck to 'em.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#6]
It sounds like the best excuse that I can think of for buying an M1A.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 11:20:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Green Dragon said, "It sounds like the best excuse that I can think of for buying an M1A."

Now that's the spirit!
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:59:50 AM EDT
[#8]
That does sound like a good idea. The one that is opened had a stamp on the back. It is  an H R  I think. the other 4 are still int the bags.  I believe I am going to hold on to them for awhile and see if I can come across an M1A. Thanks very much for all the replies. take care.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:27:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That does sound like a good idea. The one that is opened had a stamp on the back. It is  an H R  I think. the other 4 are still int the bags.  I believe I am going to hold on to them for awhile and see if I can come across an M1A. Thanks very much for all the replies. take care.

A VERY WISE choice.I've got 3 plastic mouse guns,a FAL,a Cetme and an AR10 but there's just something about my M1A.You'll understand when you get a M1A!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:38:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Here are some M14 magazine facts from our friends at Fulton Armory. Some of the dates are bit old, but most of the facts are still relevant such as the mfg'rs markings.
www.fulton-armory.com/M14Mags.htm
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#11]
AWESOME INFO ON MAGS...I JUST CHECKED MINE, THEY'RE "OM'S". THX FOR FULTON ARMORY MAG LINK.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:11:41 AM EDT
[#12]
warlord thanks for the link. I am going to try and find a good shooter springy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a bunch of the OM's still in the Creme Colored canvas wrappers , the ones that I use are flawless never a problem with them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Keep them.  YOu never know when you might get a M1A some day....

(Heck, the true sign of a gun "nut" is when you have mags for weopons that you do not have but WILL someday. )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top