Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2003 1:36:42 PM EDT
I wonder if some of these M14 company's is going to get smart and begin to Reproduce forged parts for the M14 rifle?

Everybody and their mother is making recievers now but soon there are no parts for them other than cast parts.

I think Reproduced forged parts would help the problems out a bit.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:00:55 PM EDT
[#1]
While many guys are thinking the same way as you,we all know it won't happen.

The main problem is money as we all know.It cost more to make forged parts.Look on CSP and see what Gus Fisher says.

Just buy what ya can when ya can with a few spares to boot.Orest at CMP says they won't be getting anymore bolts.I said it before and I'll say it again.Buy bolts,gas cylinders and flashiders while ya can.I think bolts will be rare in about a year.Just my opinion.

I've never been able to compete with CMP on bolts before and it looks like my day has come (finally).I'm also trying to get all the gas cylinders I can.I was also told that many M14's are coming out of storage and going to Iraq.You can also bet that a bunch of parts are going with them.

Shortage on parts????
You ain't seen nothing yet.

Oh yeah, There's another FORGED M1A receiver coming out in about 6 months so I'm told (directly).You can quote me on that in 6 months.

Shortage??? you ain't seen nothing yet.I wish I could find someone to invest $50,000 (half) on more parts with me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 11:37:21 PM EDT
[#2]
think about it. We all need to get used to the future. Soon, there will be not any more GI parts. All parts will be manufactured after market style. Nobody complains that they dont have a US GI AR15 bolt or a US GI gas tube. Adapt and overcome.
GG
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#3]
IIRC, Springfield is now making forged bolts.  Could be wrong, though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#4]
According to Dale Rader who works in the Custom Shop at Springfield Armory, Inc. their (commercial made) bolts are forged and have been made that way for several years.  

If you go to www.battlerifles.com or my website http://m14.freeservers.com there is a list on either site of bolts made by Springfield Armory, Inc. that have been recalled.  I believe this list was published in the 1980s but there are still folks out there not aware of the recall. Springfield Armory, Inc. will replace your recalled bolt with a commercial made forged bolt.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top