Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2003 9:24:37 AM EDT
Finally got my Dream M-14 set-up the way I wanted it. It took about 2 years , mostly cause of finances . But it was worth it.

Here are my specs (simple):

Springfield M1A ( Standard)
Bush Barrel 18"
Springfield Muzzle Break
ARMS # 18 Mount
ARMS # 22M68 w/ full spacer
AIMPOINT COMP M
WHAMO CAMO Tiger Stripe Stock

Link Posted: 8/23/2003 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.  Good looking rifle.

Does that setup allow cowitness with the irons?  If not, no big deal you can remove the aimpoint in seconds.  Just curiuos.

I am also wondering how much head raise it takes to use the red dot.  I can see a true cheekweld is out, but since there is no magnification, is it easy to just lift head a fraction or is it totally off the stock?

Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:11:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi , no see thru w/ iron sights but as you pointed out the sight comes off quick with the 22M68 Mount. As far as cheek weld , I'm very tall with a long neck and the stock is basically on the lower part of my cheek and my head and eyes are straight , which is the way I have it with my M4.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Very Cool !

...but why use the ARMS spacer?  wouldn't it work better without the spaer, with the aimpoint lower?

just wondering.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Like I said I have a long neck and the spacer puts the sight exactly where I like it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Like I said I have a long neck and the spacer puts the sight exactly where I like it.

OK, you must have posted that while I was typing...I type real slow.

I looks wonderfull.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#6]
That is a Very Nice setup, I'm considering one just like it.

MM419
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey buddy,VERY nice set up. Now,,,, lets start getting ready for April, BW Lodge is calling us. I cant wiat to tape it this time,So far we confirm 6. Lets get together and gun up. Call me...........
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#8]
HOLY COW !!!   ITS JOHNNY !!

Man where the hell have u been , I've been trying to reach you for 3 weeks !!

Working on a few other recruits for the class , I will call you BUTwill you answer ???

PS We got a run going on M14's at the Range now !
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 5:07:11 AM EDT
[#9]
 Work of art, man.   Work of art.  My hat is off to you...that is indeed a worthwhile labor of love.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top