Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2003 11:25:17 PM EDT
a new store just opened up in my town. they've got a nice looking m1a scout, but i think they're asking over $1300 for it. do you think this is a good price for this rifle?
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#1]
If it has 2 20 rnd. mags. and a 10 round mag then yes. Take off 40 dollars for every 20 round mag that is missing. At my shop they have one for $1280.
GG
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 6:32:30 AM EDT
[#2]
If it has the black painted stock and handguard you'll probably want to replace that as well as it chips easily and the rubber butt plate adds too much length.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 2:09:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I am having a scout built by West Texas Ordnance for about $1200.  They build on an Armscorp receiver with all USGI parts.

I havn't received it yet, so I can't tell you what it's like or what type of work they do.  I'm optimistic that I will be getting a great scout.  I bet it will be better out of the box that a Springfield M1A scout.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the feedback, guys. i'll definitely shop around a little bit before i buy. but i really like the feel of the scout. i already have a standard fiberglass m1a, but the scout seems like a more versatile weapon. thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#5]
A product called CITRI STRIP will remove the crinkle finish.
GG
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#6]
you can sell your stock for about $60. You can buy a USGI fiberglass for $20.

I paid about $1300 for mine out the door a few years back. Had i known that I couldve had one built for less, i'd probably opt for that route.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top