Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2003 10:35:33 AM EDT
I've heard that Wilson will have 6 groove chrome lined barrels for the M1A ready to ship in October.

They're suppose to be making bush and standard length barrels.I haven't heard of any testing done to show how good they'll be though.

I'll try to contact them for more info.(again). I've sent them emails (6) before without any response from them.This makes me wonder if they're in business to make money or they don't care about customer service.

Has anyone else haerd anything about quality,price,availability ??
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#1]
wilson will not talk to you unless you are a buisness
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#2]
First off.. Wilson Barrels WILL contact you even if you're not a business... I'm not a business and George Wilson E-mailed me back with the info that is spreading around the net... thanks to my postings on other boards....here's the E-Mail that Wilson Barrels sent me..... I had sent them a verry nice E-Mail, praising their Garand barrels...

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your e-mail. Every once in a while you receive a message that makes all the problems of barrel manufacture disappear.
       We are working on producing a chrome lined M1A barrel and expect to be ready to ship by mid October. We just had delivered a brand new Hardinge CNC lathe that will allow us to produce the breech end to tighter tolerances than the M1's that we produce now.
       Thanks again for your fax and if you keep an eye on our website (which will be up again in early September) you will see the announcement that we are ready to ship.

Yours Truly

George Wilson
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Well,yeeehaaah for the barrels coming.

I've been wanting a chrome lined bush barrel for 5 years now.

Maybe the wait is almost over,I hope.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh MAMA !!!!!!!!!!  Come to DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!  Now...for a couple forged receivers and I will be rid of the Springfield stigma FOREVER.

Link Posted: 7/24/2003 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#5]
how labor intensive is changing out an M1A barrel? I've done it to AR's before.

Any idea how much this will effect accuracy?
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Installing a barrel on a M14,M1A is much the same as any bolt action.

The only difference is that the sights must be lined up when the barrel is installed.There's many ways to line up the sights with the same results.

Personally,I like to use a level (machinist level) on the front and rear sights to make sure both are straight.

This is something you have to watch while it's being done to understand because it's to complicated to explain.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#7]
 I wish I had the tooling for this...having read the procedure many times I just don't have the gear to do the bang up job I would like to do to get it right....off to Smith Ent. for this one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top