Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2003 10:26:24 AM EDT
I just took Wave's M1a scout off his hands and I'm looking for a scope mount.  Which mounts would be decent for the gun?  I have other precision rigs, so I'm trying to stay away from $100+ mounts.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone who has tried aluminum mounts will tell you they are JUNK.

99% of people use the ARMS #18 (I have 2).and they work GREAT.If you only want to buy 1 mount and have no troubles,then that would be the best thing you could do.

You can order them direct from ARMS for $129.00 + $8.00S&H.You'll be glad you did.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:15:18 AM EDT
[#2]
The Brookfield is the best.Good luck finding one and if you do it will cost about $300.I have the Smith mount which is a clone of the Brookfield.The ARMS is the other choice.Over at Battlerifles.com and jouster.com it seems to be a 60/40 split-- ARMS/Smith.Both are fine mounts.You will definately spend more than $100 for a good mount.

If your finances won't allow that now,just save your money.Any of the cheap mounts like B Square or Springfield Armory will just be throwing your money away.

www.battlerifles.com

www.jouster.com/cgi-bin/garand/garand.pl

These are the 2 best M1A sites around.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 4:21:01 AM EDT
[#3]
If money is no object you could buy a Sadlak  Industries M14/M1A titanium scope mount.  It is light, very strong and patterned on the Brookfield design.  IIRC, it retails for $360.00.  They also make a 4140 alloy steel scope mount which is more affordable.  

There are two versions of the ARMS # 18 scope mount.  The newer version has the full rail while the older one has two smaller mounting points.

As mentioned above, the Smith Enterprise mount is excellent as well.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#4]
ARMS it is!  Thanks guys!  After shooting a 2" open sight 100 yard group with it today, I'm investing in the ARMS mount.  It will work with regular 1" rings, right?
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Balzac72
You can use 1" or 30mm rings as long as they are weaver style.The scope you use will dictate the ring size you need (1" Scope-1" rings,30mm scope-30mm rings).

Here's the address again for ARMS (I posted this in an earlier thread).

A.R.M.S. INC.
230 West Center Street
West Bridgewater,MA
Phone 508-584-7816

$129.00 + 10.00S&H  This was the cost of the last mount I ordered 4 months ago.This is dealer cost (which is what I pay).Retail is $174.95 Ask them what the price is.If it's more or at retail I could order for you at my price. Let me know.

I will say I'll only do this for board members who can or will wait till it comes in.No,I don't have any in stock right now.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Cool, I might take you up on that offer.  My question about the rings was more geared towards weather I need another special base on top of that arms mount to then mount the rings on top of.  Question answered though!  I plan on putting a 30mm Leupold 3.5-10 M3 Illuminated on the gun, hopefully it'll be a good match.  Thanks again and I'll be in touch.
Greg
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#7]
That would be an excellent scope.If I'm not mistaken,you can use low rings on that scope.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Yup, I'm using the low rings on my Rem 40x with this scope with no probs same with my AR10 without the riser mount (wouldn't want to do that anyway.)  Overall, its my favorite scope, even on the 40x, which IMO should really be scoped with something up to 20x, but I took my 6.5-20 Leupold OFF the 40x in favor of the M3.  That's how much I love these scopes!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top