Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2003 3:52:41 AM EDT
It's painted a gloss OD green, and has "CHEST, M14" stamped into the lid. Hinges are on the back end, and there's a hasp in front that catches on a rotating catch.
Inside, there's a padded stabilizing bracket in the center of the lid, and there are two holding clips to either side of that bracket.

In the body of the chest, at either end, there is a bracket shaped in a curved "double s" pattern - 3 high sections, 2 low. These are alos padded.

This was described as magazine storage, but it appears to me to be for something else. Anyone recognize what this is?

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#1]
There's lots of stuff nomenclatured M14.

I doubt this has anything more in common witht he M14 Rifle than the M1 Rifle (Garand) does with the M1 Tank (Abrams).

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#2]
have you got a pic or dimensions of the case.

man, i hope it's something cool.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#3]

How's that?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#4]
i don't have a clue what that is...
btt so maybe we can find out.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a piece of artillery BII.  Shows up on the M190A2 M109A2 (etc.) data sheet:

1240-00-654-6089 Chest, M14

I'm not sure what it holds, maybe aiming stake lights.

Nada do do with the M14 Rifle.  Do a search on the NSN and the M109 howitzer BII purchase sheet will show up.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Aha. Well, thanks for the info, Chuck. Wasn't the answer I was hoping for, but oh well...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top