Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2003 6:28:54 AM EDT
You might be interested that Springfield is offering a deal from 6/1-9/30/03 on a package that includes: (1) 6x40mm (308 calibrated) range finding goverment stype scope with (1) 3rd generation mount, including (2) extra-wide rings and a (1) rugged Springfield GPK knife all for $250.00! I just called Springfield and they confirmed that all you need is your dealer to send in proof of you taking delivery since Jan 1, 2003 plus with payment to take advantage of this offer. It's also one reason why the scope is hard to get now to begin with! Springdfield C/S also claims it is a $700 package being made available for $250 and at your dealer's discretion. Hope this helps other M1A/M14 lovers!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:36:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Delta,

It is a good deal but eventually the S/A mount will shoot loose and you'll hate it. I had one years ago on my M1A and it worked well for a while then it just started loosing it. It's a good place to start but maybe think about a Smith or Brookfield mount(Smith is cheaper and just as good if not better) and try that out. I just finished rebuilding mine and it has a Smith mount Leupold Mk4 rings and scope, McMillan stock and heavy stainless barrel. Now if I can just find time to shoot it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top