Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/4/2003 8:45:35 PM EDT
Yesterday I went to shoot my M1A. All my other rifles (bolt gun, carbine, precision AR) have nice triggers on them, but this standard grade SA M1A sucks. With Portuguese ammo, I could get two shots touching each other at 100, and then the third shot is two or three inches off.

I guess I'm asking if a NM trigger from Fulton Armory would do the trick or not.

Thanks for the replies,

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:51:49 PM EDT
A NM trigger mod by Fulton Armory and NM sights should help quite a bit.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:52:08 PM EDT
Bench shoot it with match ammo before spending money on a fancy trigger job. I've got a USGI M14 trigger group on mine and it's very nice.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:52:35 PM EDT
Buy a USGI trigger group from CMPO and sent it to Fulton Armory. Throw the Springfield Inc trigger group in the spare parts bin.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:29:02 AM EDT
Both my M1 Tanker and my old M1A have USGI triggers tuned by these fellows www.smithenterprise.com/startpage.htm and they are both excellent 2-stage triggers that break like glass at about 4 lbs.

Absolutely nothing wrong w/ a USGI trigger group IMO.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:45:26 AM EDT
Thanks for the replies. I'll be giving Fulton or Smith some business.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:53:43 AM EDT
You might ask around your club or find an exp M1a Highpoer shooter who knows how to do a good trigger job, No offense to fulton but before I got into doing alot of M1/M1a work I had them do a Trigger job and what they did took about 2 seconds on a belt sander ....
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:22:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/6/2003 1:23:37 PM EDT by ArmyOrdGuy]
Just a suggestion, but buy a couple of trigger groups from the CMP (about $35 each). It's the best price around, they're all G.I., it's a source of replacement parts later, and you can send out the worst one for a tune-up. The best one could be just what you want and you won't have to send anything out. You can only buy two a year.
Top Top