Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/2/2003 9:01:19 AM EDT
Hello all. I'm a newbie so forgive if question has been answered. I am a genuine military weapons buff and would like to build up to an M21, M25 rifle or better. Should I go and purchase a new forged M14 receiver with rear or double lugs or should I just go ahead and buy a rifle from SA Inc. I Would like the rifle as close to what one of our troops would carry on the field in actual combat minus the selector switch of course. I am very confused on this matter. Any information from all you experienced M14ners is welcomed. I love this rifle.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:59:31 PM EDT
The M-14 Rifle receiver does not have the double lug.The double is strictly to increase the area for bedding a match grade rifle. If you aren't going to shoot in competition, you don't need the double OR the extra expense. Also,the double lug receiver will not just fit into a standard stock. The stock must be routed out for it to fit (which is done during the bedding job). From what you describe, go with the Standard.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 12:55:13 PM EDT
is the springfield M21 a double lugged reciever
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 1:18:02 PM EDT
The Springfield Armory, Inc. Super Match M1A presently made is rear lugged. SA, Inc. started putting a rear lug on the Super Match model around 1993. You raise a good question. I doubt their M21 is double lugged but I'd give Springfield Armory Customer Service a phone call Monday or e-mail them. www.springfield-armory.com

What you might consider is getting a Polytech or Norinco semi-auto M14 receiver then have USGI and National Match M14 parts and the barrel (Krieger, Douglas, Hart, Obermyer) of your choice added to it by a M14 gunsmith. Use a McMillan synthetic stock on the rifle. The M25 rifles are dressed in McMillan synthetic stocks. Since Brookfield scope mounts are no longer available to the public go with a Smith Enterprise scope mount. A M14 gunsmith may also suggest having National Match modifications done at the time the rifle is put together.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:36:29 PM EDT
SA's M21 is configured the same as a Supermatch. It has the rear lug. I just picked one up this month.. :)
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:05:47 PM EDT
is it awesome or what
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:16:39 PM EDT
I have 3 other M1A's, standard, national match, and a supermatch. All prebans, NIB. I bought this one to shoot, the others were for my collection.. :). I'm real happy so far, I'm going to scope it since the stock is setup for it. And maybe pick up a standard to abuse.. :)
Top Top