Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2003 9:01:19 AM EDT
Hello all. I'm a newbie so forgive if question has been answered.  I am a genuine military weapons buff and would like to build up to an M21, M25 rifle or better.  Should I go and purchase a new forged M14 receiver with rear or double lugs or should I just go ahead and buy a rifle from SA Inc.  I Would like the rifle as close to what one of our troops would carry on the field in actual combat minus the selector switch of course.  I am very confused on this matter.  Any information from all you experienced M14ners is welcomed.  I love this rifle.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The M-14 Rifle receiver does not have the double lug.The double is strictly to increase   the area for bedding a match grade rifle. If you aren't going to shoot in competition, you don't need the double OR the extra expense. Also,the double lug receiver will not just fit into a standard stock. The stock must be routed out for it to fit (which is done during the bedding job). From what you describe, go with the Standard.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#2]
is the springfield M21 a double lugged reciever
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#3]
The Springfield Armory, Inc. Super Match M1A presently made is rear lugged.  SA, Inc. started putting a rear lug on the Super Match model around 1993.  You raise a good question.  I doubt their M21 is double lugged but I'd give Springfield Armory Customer Service a phone call Monday or e-mail them.  www.springfield-armory.com

What you might consider is getting a Polytech or Norinco semi-auto M14 receiver then have USGI and National Match M14 parts and the barrel (Krieger, Douglas, Hart, Obermyer) of your choice added to it by a M14 gunsmith.  Use a McMillan synthetic stock on the rifle.  The M25 rifles are dressed in McMillan synthetic stocks.  Since Brookfield scope mounts are no longer available to the public go with a Smith Enterprise scope mount. A M14 gunsmith may also suggest having National Match modifications done at the time the rifle is put together.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#4]
SA's M21 is configured the same as a Supermatch. It has the rear lug. I just picked one up this month.. :)
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#5]
is it awesome or what
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 3 other M1A's, standard, national match, and a supermatch. All prebans, NIB. I bought this one to shoot, the others were for my collection.. :). I'm real happy so far, I'm going to scope it since the stock is setup for it. And maybe pick up a standard to abuse.. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top