Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2002 4:11:46 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with their receivers?

www.m-kspecialties.com

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#1]
don't even THINK about their stuff.. their welded m-14 receivers are subject to consfication by the BATF and there are rumors of the BATF also going after their new milled stuff to....
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#2]
HighPowerShooter,

Thanks for the warning. Any suggestions as to where I might find a receiver only? Or am I stuck buying a complete rifle?
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 10:45:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Back when Gunandknife.com was still going (about a year a go) there was a large M14/M1a forum that I enjoyed. I witnessed the MKS re-weld tragedy and the HUGE anticipation of their new manufactured recievers. There were about a hundred guys that did get the new recievers and the initial reports were that the recievers and parts required some hand fitting to get everything to fit right. I did not hear of a single range report. I have checked other forums and have also came up with nothing on how these new recievers are doing on the firing line. My only experience with MKS is with their Brookfield style scope mount and I am very happy with its performance and appearance.

Karl
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Contact LRB sales.  He one of my local FFLs who deos transfers for me and he is the main (only?) distributor for these new recievers.  HE has a ton of brochures and can and will talk your ear off about them.  He is probably as knowledgeable about the recievers as Mike Kelly is.  The phone for LRB is (516) 327-9061  
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 10:55:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Scuttlebutt has it that the new MKS receivers are being confiscated by BATF, too. Seems MKS either didn't get proper approval (again) or differed in the final product from what they got approval for, or BATF just changed their narrow minds.

All of the range reports on Culvers Shooting Page's M1 Garand and M14/M1A forum have been positive. Too bad BATF is confiscating them, because it sounded as if the Kelley's had ironed out the initial bugs with the specs on the bolt/receiver lug interface.

Ill-will towards the Kelley's for screwing their customers persists among most of those that post on this issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top