Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 3:34:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Any news on these guns yet? It's almost as they have abandoned the model line.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 5:39:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I had an Alpha in my hand for about an hour and a half before it went with a good buddy to get a scope mounted on it. It was light, well balanced and felt quite good. Two things struck me as odd - the plastic piece on the back of the bolt, (plastic on a rifle bolt?), and the fact that you have to follow some directions to remove/replace the bolt. I mean, everyone knows how to pull out and replace a bolt on a bolt action rifle, right? Nope - it has to be cocked first, and if it becomes uncocked while it's out of the rifle, you put the back of the bolt, that plastic piece, in the bolt channel and twist, which starts the disassembly procedure. Once it comes loose, you twist it back together again and the striker is then cocked. Having said that, once I figured it out, it was very easy. I like the short throw on the bolt, and like I said, it felt quite well balanced and went to th shoulder perfectly.
When I get it back with glass I'll know more.
The Trail wasn't available, so this was the one I chose in .308. Next year I might get the Trail. I am told Alpha's and Trails are coming in, but very slowly - I am wondering if the main factory is spending most of the production time making BREN 2 rifles for the Ukraine war, as I see them popping up on videos.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 12:57:06 AM EDT
[#3]
What did they do to fix the “barrel issue”?

They were going to make it so you couldn’t remove the barrels but I haven’t seen any yet since they “fixed” them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#4]
The switch barrel feature was removed, but I am not sure how. I still don't have mine back.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 11:11:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What about 6.5 Grendel?
View Quote

Grendel or blackout and I’d buy one
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 11:20:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The switch barrel feature was removed, but I am not sure how. I still don't have mine back.
View Quote

I read one of the releases and it sure made it sound like it was a simple fix for them. All they wanted was for it not to be user adjustable. In this modern day and age I don't understand why we don't have more good QD setups.
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 8:23:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I wish they would at least put out a release if dumping it. I may end up building something off a screech owl chassis, At least it will be more accurate than the CZ 2 Moa statement, wtf?
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 5:11:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd love to show that my 600 Alph will do better than 2MOA...but the freaking scope STILL hasn't come in after 2 freaking months...
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'd love to show that my 600 Alph will do better than 2MOA...but the freaking scope STILL hasn't come in after 2 freaking months...
View Quote

It's 2022/23, one would think that a rifle would have a better stated expectation(Trail) than 2moa. It doesn't inspire confidence, while they show the Trail being shot with a red dot, I doubt most folks would be running that on the gun. Maybe that's where the 2 Moa comes from?, who knows but test it with a magnified optic and state that.

Link Posted: 1/7/2023 12:09:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, the supply chain issues out of the way, the rifle is back, with SIG WHISKEY 3 3-9x50 scope mounted and LimbSaverTreu-Track bipod mounted. I think this will be a good beginner's longer range rifle.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 5:09:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I like the concept of the trail, but not the current execution.  They need to fix the interchangeable barrel option rather than discontinue it.  The main reason they need to fix it is to add more calibers to the mix - lot cheaper to create multiple calibers that way.

SBR in 300blk.  6ARC, hell wonder if they could do 350 Legend... (that ammo seemed immune to shortages).
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 8:22:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Do we think the newly announced Colt CBX is a 600 in a chassis?

TFB link
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Do we think the newly announced Colt CBX is a 600 in a chassis?

TFB link
View Quote
It would appear so

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:48:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Been watching videos and reviews.  The 2" moa issue was primarily because of the quality of the 7.62x39 ammo.  That said, the reviews showed the .223 was not reaching 1moa either.  Not much of an excuse for that in today's world, especially on a bolt gun.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 1:41:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'd still like to see one in person, but I just got a Uintah 10.5" 300BLK upper for my SBR. Figured it was a way to get a short barreled bolt action without a brace or another tax stamp.

Part of me wishes now I'd have gone with an even shorter barrel, but it's still a good bit shorter than I'd have had with the 16" factory bolt guns I was looking at.

https://i.imgur.com/B6U2KyD.jpg
View Quote

That’s why I did a 8” with mine: Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 2:23:01 AM EDT
[#16]

It was pictures of your Uintah that led me to buy mine actually.

Your suppressor looks longer though what I'm using though. With the suppressors attached, our setups are probably a similar length.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 2:33:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Been watching videos and reviews.  The 2" moa issue was primarily because of the quality of the 7.62x39 ammo.  That said, the reviews showed the .223 was not reaching 1moa either.  Not much of an excuse for that in today's world, especially on a bolt gun.
View Quote

I just suck, that's my excuse.

Shot today getting the scope sighted in, Hornaday American Whitetail line, 150gr Interlock. Shot at 100 yards, on the bench with bipod.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Once I get the handloads working, I think I can shrink those groups. First scope I've worked with in years...
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#18]
TFB TV has a video on the Trail. Alot of good information on it.
Tiny, Kinda Tactical Bolt Action: The CZ 600 Trail
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Pretty cool, look forward to it's release. About the 6-7 minute mark-I'm guessing he retightened that can! watch it rotate loose.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anyone seen one in the flesh? I've seen some of the other CZ 600 models, but no Trail yet.
View Quote

Yes. Past and Blast in Whitesboro, TX had one in .223. Like it but it is pricey. Son wants it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Have any of you guys seen/handled one of these yet?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have any of you guys seen/handled one of these yet?

Yes.

Any details to offer on the Trail?
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 10:46:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I see CZ has a safety recall on the 600's? wonder what the issue is?

I'm really wanting a Trail, hope they get it squared away soon.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-600-trail/
View Quote

From what I understand the barrel changes require you to remove SHCS and re-torque them.  The problem is if you don't do it right it can be unsafe.  The problem is user error, but that means the problem is actually design...
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Any update on the .223 version? Curious if anyone has seen or handled one-along with something substantial of an answer would be helpful to folks. I do see Midway shows the 7.62 in stock.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 12:21:50 AM EDT
[#25]
I’ll be interested when there is a 6 ARC version
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:43:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Meanwhile I'm waiting on a hands-on review of the 7.62x39 version before I seriously consider it. I'm not gonna be a beta tester!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top