Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you! I almost bought a Steiner GS3 2-10x42 with German #4 for $550-600. I’m wondering if I should cancel the vortex and get it but I’ll probably be fine and save $170.
View Quote

I would love some German reticle / glass but for now it’s my Leupold
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Looks like a rebadged Burris tube with German glass.  I don’t say that as an insult but they have close ties.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I do t know why but it won't let me paste links here. I've tried throughout this thread. The Steiner is on Cameraland. They're in NY. Just go there then search Steiner GS3 2-10
View Quote
Well, you just solved the problem of what scope to mount on my Sako.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:38:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Haha! Can’t wait to see that thing. You got the rifle?
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Haha! Can't wait to see that thing. You got the rifle?
View Quote
No, its en-route.

But it's this one.  A little more expensive than many places list them for, but it was still in stock. Hooray for the free market.  But the money savings on the scope deal you found, offsets the rifle's cost increase.  Even in the optic's manufacturer reviews page , there's an image of that optic mounted on my exact rifle type (which is already esoteric enough).

So you cost me, and saved me, money.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:51:37 PM EDT
[#7]
You’re welcome and I’m sorry hahaha!

As is my normal M.O. I’m already addicted and don’t even have the rifle yet. I already want a magnum caliber gun as well as an iron sight wood and blue only one hahaha

That Bavarian is incredible.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No, its en-route.

But it's this one.  A little more expensive than many places list them for, but it was still in stock. Hooray for the free market.  But the money savings on the scope deal you found, offsets the rifle's cost increase.  Even in the optic's manufacturer reviews page , there's an image of that optic mounted on my exact rifle type (which is already esoteric enough).

So you cost me, and saved me, money.
View Quote

Beautiful.  Sad that CZ discontinued all of their rifles with the mannlicher stock.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:12:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Beautiful.  Sad that CZ discontinued all of their rifles with the mannlicher stock.
View Quote
Thank you.  I hope it's as good looking in person.  I've wanted one of these for over 15 years, and am only able to afford it by having sold 4+ firearms that are in serious demand right now.  Even though the CZ mannlichers would likely do everything I need such a rifle to do, I've just always wanted a Sako of some flavor since I first laid hands on one.  (But I still have a CZ527FS in .223, and want a 452FS to replace my 452 trainer ).

I'm also looking forward to seeing OP's setup when it's completed, it sounds like it'll be a fantastic bang-for-the-buck hunting rig without being "cheap".  By the numbers, his setup will perform much, much better than mine, and it'll do it for much less money, much more easily.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Savage rifles generally shoot better than their price point would indicate.   Shop hard for your optic as there are some really decent "bargain" priced optics out there now.   If you can, try and get an optic where the adjustment knobs and reticle match (either MOA/MOA or MIL/MIL) and a first focal plane.  It isn't nearly as important whether your optic is MOA/MOA or MIL/MIL, but you be making things far more difficult if the reticle and adjustment knobs don't match up.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Congratulations, looking forward to the first range report.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Used to be able to post pics here easily. Idk why I can’t. How do I get a BB code using IMGUR. It used to be right there on the app.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 8:08:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Bergara Set up

That’s the only way I can figure out to post pics anymore. But, there it is guys!
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 9:54:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Bergara Set up

That's the only way I can figure out to post pics anymore. But, there it is guys!
View Quote

That's a good looking setup.

Let us know how it shoots
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Thank you so much! Thanks for all the help. I’ll post back after shooting
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Bergara Set up

That’s the only way I can figure out to post pics anymore. But, there it is guys!
View Quote

Nice looking setup, man!  I'm sure it'll be a hell of a shooter.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Thank you!
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top