Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the info. Any thoughts on the amount of force required to cycle the bolt compared to either a 90* or 60* traditional bolt action?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the info. Any thoughts on the amount of force required to cycle the bolt compared to either a 90* or 60* traditional bolt action?
View Quote

You pull it back and push it forward.
My 70+ year old Uncle had no issues operating it.
Quicker and easier to operate than any turn bolt and will only get better as it wears in.
Not as easy as my Blaser R8, but I'm not expecting Blaser quality from Savage.
I would attach pics, but I don't have the fortitude to survive the task at my age.
SJC
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#3]
My LGS got a couple of these in; a "Hog Hunter" in 308 and a "Big Game" in 6.5 Creedmore...$1300/ea. I'm kind of tempted to buy the one in 6.5 even though I don't have any ammo for it

I see the usual internet fluff about them...are they actually any good? I saw a lot of the info on the Heym 30 guns, and I really like the idea of it. I have a Swiss K31 that handles great thanks in no small part to the straight pull...really easy and fast to get it back going again without a whole lot of body movement.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Head down to the store and try them out.
I've only handled the predator model.
Mine is a lot smoother after break in and since varmint season is over, I sent the barrel out for fluting.
The barrel assy weighed 3 lbs before fluting.
Even with the fluting, I don't think it's going to alleviate the barrel heaviness, so the weight that the fluting removes, I'll add to the butt stock to counterbalance it.
Now that I know the barrel removal procedure, I'm going to do an accuracy test after full disassembly.
If I had an extra barrel extension, I'd be doing some shooting and testing with a .260 predator.
SJC

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the write up SJC. I’ve been thinking about these for a while now but wasn’t seeing much from unbiased (paid) reviewers. As a lefty I’m really drawn to that changeable bolt. And now that I’ve started a new job with access to a 1k+ yard range it’s only right that I get a new rifle to play with.??
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 11:40:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I didn't know that this even existed. Off to learn more.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Saw on Instagram that they are putting out a hbar chassis rifle with this action.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top