Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2017 1:39:28 PM EDT
I have an SBS question. Once a Form 1 has been processed and the tax stamp has been received and firearm cut to short length, what rules if any govern what can be done with it. Specifically I am interested in  cutting down a Stoeger Condor o/u 20 ga. I note that Buds sells a combo model that has a set of 20 and 12 ga barrels. I'm thinking I could cut down the 20 ga barrels and keep the 12 gauge unmodified. Cut the stock down to a pistol grip and buy an extra standard length stock to bolt on when I want to shoot the 12 ga. I understand that the ATF ASKS that you notify them if you make changes after you have an approved stamp, but I am uncertain if there is anything that prevents what I am suggesting. Thanks for any informed responses.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not aware of anything to prevent what you're describing. It actually sounds like a great idea! 
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#3]
ATF ASKS that you notify them if you make changes after you have an approved stamp

Only on items that have been permantly modified.  

Your situation is similar to the Lego set that is a AR.  Once a AR lower is SBR'ed, you can put whatever upper, in any caliber, your want to.

For your O/U shotgun, you could shorten any new barrel you buy for it, and run it with that SBS set up.

Think of it this way - a SBS or SBR configuation allows you to have either a shorty or full size barrel on it, with any caliber, or barrel lenght you choose.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top