Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2017 8:47:14 PM EDT
This has come up in the non nfa thread and I thought it was not legal. I am curious as well. Is it still non nfa if a vertical grip is attached to the front forearm? I thought this would make it aow. Maybe I am wrong anyone have a link to facts on this? I know that the shockwave is legal.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in that thread that is the thread I am referencing. I have had my shockwave I put together. I know it is legal. Are you saying the answer is already there about adding a forward forearm vertical grip. I have not seen that answer there it really makes no difference to me I was just curious. I am not talking about a rear vertical grip I am speaking about forward. Thanks for the help I will skim through the pages of the non nfa thread again.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:46:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:04:42 PM EDT
[#4]
It's all good, I was thinking I had missed something in the non nfa thread after you had posted. I'm just searching for more info as to having a front vertical grip on the forearm. I have no interest in doing it, but I am OCD and when I start I am compelled to try and finish my venture.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn't read the thread you are referencing, but the only time adding a forward pistol grip changes anything is with a pistol.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:50:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 2:40:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds good to me I guess I was over cautious about it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:37:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Perfectly legal. If the firearm is over 26" you can add a VFG.  Doesn't matter if it is shotgun or rifle based.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Technically speaking, it only matters with pistols.

All non rifled barrels are going to fall into - Shotgun, Firearm, DD, MG, SBS, or AOW; all of which can have a vertical foregrip.

All rifled barrels fall into - Rifle, Firearm, DD, MG, SBR, AOW, and pistol; all of which can have a vertical foregrip except pistol.

The only time adding a vertical foregrip isn't allowed (at least without changing the legal status of the weapon) is a pistol.

And that is because somewhere along the line BATFE came out with an opinion that a pistol with a vertical foregrip was not designed to be fired with the use of a single hand (in the definition of a pistol) but was small enough to be considered easily concealable as it was <26" (in the definition of AOW)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top