Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2016 8:52:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:01:13 PM EDT
[#1]
If they did, they'd post about it in the correct subforum.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Greener built tons of them on the late 1800s and early 1900s. I'm sure someone made some of them into SBS by now.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Just point me in the direction of the SBS forum and ill be on my way. Ill wait....
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Just point me in the direction of the SBS forum and ill be on my way. Ill wait....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/30/2016 3:42:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We really should rename this sub-forum the "Short Barreled Rifle / Short Barreled Shotgun  (SBR/SBS)"

Just my opinion...

Have a good weekend,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We really should rename this sub-forum the "Short Barreled Rifle / Short Barreled Shotgun  (SBR/SBS)"

Just my opinion...

Have a good weekend,
Bob S.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my opinion...

Have a good weekend,
Bob S.

I agree. Or make a SBS specific sub-forum. Paging Big Waylon
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 6:01:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Pretty sure I remember one made by a company named American Arms......probably 15 years ago so best of luck tracking that down.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Patience, young grasshopper.

I made a proposal almost two months ago now for a NFA section re-do, which included a section for each of the 6 NFA categories. Just waiting for them to actually do it. Details to come (hopefully).
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Nope, but I did just finish a 12 ga O/U

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 3:53:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I have seen a 10ga Handi Rifles, or is that Handi Shotgun?   Anyway, super light and I have to think some glutton for punishment SBS'd one.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I asked about that here many moons ago and was (accurately) called a fool.

If I was gonna do it, I would want a stout, double trigger 10ga. with 3.5" chambers.  I haven't found a suitable candidate yet.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I asked about that here many moons ago and was (accurately) called a fool.

If I was gonna do it, I would want a stout, double trigger 10ga. with 3.5" chambers.  I haven't found a suitable candidate yet.
View Quote

I think I've found a candidate!  The stars have aligned and bufoonery shall prevail!! If the sale goes through, you'll be hearing more from me on this topic very soon!  Bwahahahahaha!!!!

Now to buy buckshot and slugs!!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think I've found a candidate!  The stars have aligned and bufoonery shall prevail!! If the sale goes through, you'll be hearing more from me on this topic very soon!  Bwahahahahaha!!!!

Now to buy buckshot and slugs!!!
View Quote

I ended up submitting a 12ga sxs after this post lol. Check back if you do it, I'm still waiting on a candidate but ill tell ya, its going to hard for me to SBS another shotgun before I do a Ithaca Mag 10
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 10:23:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I wanted a real deal roadblocker, but the prices are way to high for my tastes.  So I have been hunting for 1950's-70's Spanish SxS 10 gauge and finally found my Mercury Magnum that is coming up in an estate sale.  If I do this right, I would have either a 10 gauge coach gun for under $350 or a SBS for under $550.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 10:35:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I wanted a real deal roadblocker, but the prices are way to high for my tastes.  So I have been hunting for 1950's-70's Spanish SxS 10 gauge and finally found my Mercury Magnum that is coming up in an estate sale.  If I do this right, I would have either a 10 gauge coach gun for under $350 or a SBS for under $550.
View Quote

I would do it in a heartbeat. The roadblocker is expensive but I havent had any luck finding a cheap 10g sxs either
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#18]
The Mercury Magnum 10 gauge came home with me yesterday.  I know I want to shorten the barrels.  I just have to decide if I want a coach gun style shotgun or a form 1 SBS.  I am thinking I might buy a Stoeger Uplander to satisfy my pistol grip SBS fascination and keep the big 10 a coach gun.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:05:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Light loads only in a 12 ga PG or go 20 ga w/ a cut down Pachmayr Vindicator grip on an 870 Youth.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:24:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The Mercury Magnum 10 gauge came home with me yesterday.  I know I want to shorten the barrels.  I just have to decide if I want a coach gun style shotgun or a form 1 SBS.  I am thinking I might buy a Stoeger Uplander to satisfy my pistol grip SBS fascination and keep the big 10 a coach gun.
View Quote

Well damn you beat me to it, good for you lol

I bought my first MG this year "just in case" Hilary did something crazy (jokes on her now muhahah) so my 10ga dream was definitely put on hold, but not forgotten!!

ETA: to be honest, the 10ga coach gun may be a good idea. I bought a used supreme Stoeger coach gun to SBS and it was hard to actually send the money out... The barrels were 20" I think and seems pretty damn short already, still got the stamp though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top