Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 2:25:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Exact weights haven't been stated, but there's no question they will be lighter than the basic or enhanced. Weight isn't the main reason to be excited about the new handguard anyway; the fact that it's M-lok from the factory is. If you're really serious about getting as light as possible, the Nexus Tactical handguards are the only option.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 9:15:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Exact weights haven't been stated, but there's no question they will be lighter than the basic or enhanced. Weight isn't the main reason to be excited about the new handguard anyway; the fact that it's M-lok from the factory is. If you're really serious about getting as light as possible, the Nexus Tactical handguards are the only option.
View Quote
Yeah, I might just go with the Nexus Tactical.  The ACR is just too heavy for what it is, worst of it is that it feels front heavy.  Not sure I've ever shot it after getting my SCARs.

It's not to start some kind of flame war between the two, only constructive criticism.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 6:08:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, I might just go with the Nexus Tactical.  The ACR is just too heavy for what it is, worst of it is that it feels front heavy.  Not sure I've ever shot it after getting my SCARs.

It's not to start some kind of flame war between the two, only constructive criticism.
View Quote
No problem at all! While I think it's great that Bushmaster is finally catching up with an M-lok handguard, it would be my last choice of handguard. I think all the other aftermarket options, RPM Precision, Nexus Tactical, and Midwest Industries, are all better looking. I LOVE my long RPM handguard!
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#4]
The Nexus is the lightest you can get on an Acr.  The Rpm, Remington (v2) and the new bushmaster handguards are all close in weight since they are the minimum amount of aluminum for the most part.  The carbon blows them away in weight
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top