Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2017 5:18:47 PM EDT
Anybody out there know if Bushmaster is going to do another run of ACR 's soon? Seems like everyrhing but the DMR has been out of stock for a while at the distributors.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I asked that same question over at the Bushmaster sub-forum in the industry section but received no response yet.  I just broke down and bought an Enhanced FDE off of GunBroker from DBI Guns.  GunBroker was the only place I could find one.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#2]
They are cranking them out.  They are just hard to cone by right now.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Whatever happened to the updated lighter-weight version?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whatever happened to the updated lighter-weight version?
View Quote
If you're talking about the Remington version then it was never going to be sold to the public. 

However, if BM ditches the M4 profile barrels for their newer profile on the complete factory rifles then it should be lighter. I don't know if they're planning to do that though.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:39:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If you're talking about the Remington version then it was never going to be sold to the public. 

However, if BM ditches the M4 profile barrels for their newer profile on the complete factory rifles then it should be lighter. I don't know if they're planning to do that though.
View Quote
Nope, the new production 16" barrels are still the same M4 profile with the M203 notch. The only change was to the twist rate; ALL lengths, weather on rifles or the barrel kits, are now a normal 1/7 twist instead of that weird 1/9. The 14.5" and 10.5" barrels are the only ones with a narrower non-M4 profile.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Bud's has at least one black basic in stock.  I'm waiting for more FDE to come back in stock anywhere.  They need to release a pistol version and price it around $1200-1300.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bud's has at least one black basic in stock.  I'm waiting for more FDE to come back in stock anywhere.  They need to release a pistol version and price it around $1200-1300.
View Quote
Waiting on fde as well.

Seems like there were a few enhanced FDE on GunBroker.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 3:11:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I would get a pistol FDE in 10.5" tomorrow if available.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I would get a pistol FDE in 10.5" tomorrow if available.
View Quote
Same here....I'm sure someone would whip up an adapter for a brace asap.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 8:53:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

All models are in active production right now.

They just shipped more Enhanced FDE's.

Right now they are doing a run of standard FDE's and a mix of others.
View Quote
Standard is where it's at.  At least for me and I for one actually like the standard hand guard.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 9:15:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The new production barrels do not have the M203 cutout.

However you still might see some old barrels floating thru inventory with the cutout.
View Quote
The new 14.5" and 10.5" barrels do not have the M203 cutout; the 16" is still the same profile, just a different twist rate. Owners have posted their new ACRs on the Bushmaster ACR Owners Facebook page and the 16" barrel is still the same.

Note that if you're basing your statements on the pictures of the barrels on the Bushmaster website and in their catalog, those pictures aren't what the barrels look like at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top