Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2017 11:17:28 AM EDT
Shot one yesterday here in Miami, FL (visiting friends) and I am about to purchase one back home (San Diego - CA). I truly loved it. 

I like FDE, so I want it FDE. I suppose it'll have all the stupid things necessary to be a lesser evil for CA regulations so pinned stock, magazine blocked etc.

I plan to either get one of these new barrels coming out - in 14.5 - and then pin it, or have the barrel it comes with cut, pinned and welded (I like shorter barrels).

What thinks you, the peeple of the ACR?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:28:34 AM EDT
[#1]
How are you going to load it?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How are you going to load it?
View Quote
I think I'll apply bullet button reloaded - or will have to break it open each time.
Not gonna last for long anyways, moving to FL I think.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:02:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I want an ACR.  Good luck
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I want an ACR.  Good luck
View Quote
Thanks brother. I found one already, I have it ready to go (in CA, that is!) - just wanted my bros arfcommers to warn me, push me or else...
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I did. And here's it.
It's just like everyone else's ("but this one's mine").
Will now proceed to cutting barrel to 14.5 and pinning and welding some appropriate flash hider. 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think I'll apply bullet button reloaded - or will have to break it open each time.
Not gonna last for long anyways, moving to FL I think.
View Quote
I would just wait until you move to FL.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I would just wait until you move to FL.
View Quote
To own it you mean or modify it?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:38:51 AM EDT
[#8]
You can haz evil flash hiders in CA?  I used to be able to follow the CalGuns flowchart pretty well, but w/ your new laws, I've not seen an updated chart.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#9]
just buy the 14 in barrel assembly from brownells and have it pinned and save your 16in barrel assembly.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:30:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Go featureless. Pin stock and grip wrap, add brake. Done.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:12:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Buy the new 14.5" barrel being sold by Bushmaster. It comes complete and ready to drop in. Just have it pinned so legal length. Also comes with the cool AAC 51T muzzle break. Has thinner profile than factory without the stupid M4 cutout. Keep your barrel, piston, etc as spare parts or sell to pay for new barrel. I love my ACR anf hope you have great luck with it. You might also want to lookup RPM Tools. They are selling an awesome handguard for the ACR that looks similar to the Remington version and its under $300.00.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Buy the new 14.5" barrel being sold by Bushmaster. It comes complete and ready to drop in. Just have it pinned so legal length. Also comes with the cool AAC 51T muzzle break. Has thinner profile than factory without the stupid M4 cutout. Keep your barrel, piston, etc as spare parts or sell to pay for new barrel. I love my ACR anf hope you have great luck with it. You might also want to lookup RPM Tools. They are selling an awesome handguard for the ACR that looks similar to the Remington version and its under $300.00.
View Quote
Green light!

thanks all for your suggestions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top