Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2017 6:17:01 AM EDT
This not a poop thread or a bitch fest.

What does it take to turn an ACR into a Masada clone ? Where do you source the parts ?
What does it cost ?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:10:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you asking about the different charging handle and integrated buis?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#2]
You can't.  And I don't know why you'd want to do so.

The biggest is probably the charging handle location. The Masada prototype had it located further back, and the ACR moved it forward. I think the forward location is better in use.  But that's a receiver change, charging handle, and bolt carrier difference that you can't do.

The rest of it is pretty much the same.  Everything else is the modularity that died on the vine with the AK lower, rifle length handguard and similar. Bushmaster is shipping barrels now, you can get the DMR stock, and there's rumors the RemDef handguard might become available later this year.

Buy an airsoft gun if you want a Masada clone.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you asking about the different charging handle and integrated buis?
View Quote

Yes, and weight reduction.

When word of the the Masada first came out I put it on the top spot of the short list.
The changes made by Bushmaster bumped it to the someday / wait for aftermarket list.

I'm aware of lightened carriers and alloy trunions.  What else is there to bring the ACR to Masada specs ?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:03:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Honestly, the Acr is better than the Masada.  It's way more refined at this point.   I seriously doubt the Masada is that much lighter than a slightly modified Acr.  

If you work on it, you can get the weight to right over 6 pounds on an Acr.  Yes you lose the QD function but the rifle feels so much better without the extra weight.

The charging handle would need a custom assembly to move it backwards and the irons would be a pain to mill into the receiver.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:42:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the reply.

The Masada weighed 3 kilograms IIRC. That I find useful and desirable. That the ACR can be lightened to approximate that moves it up a notch on the list.

Just found acrforum. I'm off to go study.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top