BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2017 4:09:47 PM EDT
Just got a gen 2 from BM.
Any reason not to swap them out?
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought the gen 1 would kick shells back in or cause malfunctions on some peoples guns. I've only had the gen 2 so it's all hearsay.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Does the gen 2 have less of a sharp edge on the side facing the bolt? I notice on my gen 1 deflector it's somewhat sharp and shaves brass off the ejected casings, after a few hundred rounds there is a decent amount of brass on the sharp edge.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes the gen 2 is angled back and smaller like this:

Edit: Or do you mean the lip to the inside of the ejection port.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought the gen 1 would kick shells back in or cause malfunctions on some peoples guns. I've only had the gen 2 so it's all hearsay.
View Quote

I had one, and it did.  Seemed to be a combination of the CD angle and the alleged tuning of the rifle specifically for .223 spec ammo.  When I shot 5.56 in it I would get brass recycled back into the action as the bolt was feeding the next round.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Already swapped it but have not had time to function check...
Keep the info coming.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:13:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought my ACR in 2011, and it has the Gen 1 brass deflector. I haven't seen any issues with about 2000 rounds through my ACR, so is this an issue that I would've encountered by now if it was going to be a problem or does it occur later on after the brass deflector starts to wear?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:57:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I wasn't having problems just wanted to save a little weight and the gen 2 looks better
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top