Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2017 12:42:45 AM EDT
Received some great news from Remington Defense and Bushmaster today at SHOT. 5.56 barrel conversions are shipping.
Also was told by Rem Def that they will be releasing the Rem Def hand guards for civilian order soon..........
300blk conversions are still being worked on, ACTIVELY. They're words.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:48:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Really ?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:52:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:56:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Anything about selling us lowly civilians the Remington lower?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 2:10:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I was told only the hand guard nothing else.  The gun will be available for individual law-enforcement purchase however.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 2:53:24 AM EDT
[#5]
They announced the barrels and accessories on Facebook too, so you know it is official.

I'd love to add the "good" profile 16" barrel to mine. Or get the 14.5" and perm the 51t flash hider.  I knew the DMR shipping was a good omen!

Hopefully the Rem Def handguard becomes reality, though I heard the "regular" cost on one was pretty high to begin with.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Tag...any more info?

The lack of barrels/accessories was really the only thing preventing me from picking one up for the last couple of years (other than their lack of availability, reported problems, and lack of support.)

Link Posted: 1/18/2017 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#7]
if I can SBR one of these without going around robin's barn to do it, I'll buy another one literally tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Great news for sure. It only took seven years
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great news for sure. It only took seven years
View Quote

Well, better late than never I say. The prices aren't as outrageous as some of the custom builders but I'm sure they're going to be hurting as a direct result of this. I knew it was going to happen, since Remington Defense is no more and there is tons of inventory that needs to sell in order to return a profit. Good things will happen as a result and soon the aftermarket companies will soon follow suite.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a fresh form 1 for my ACR and a factory barrel would be nice.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have a fresh form 1 for my ACR and a factory barrel would be nice.
View Quote

^^^^jealous. Still waiting for mine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:18:26 PM EDT
[#12]
2 more weeks...
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:24:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Aww yes... 2017... the year I may finally buy an ACR lol.

But it's troubling to only see black ones on display... no more FDE?
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Wish I had sbr my acr back when I put all the stamps in pre the stupid nfa changes.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Aww yes... 2017... the year I may finally buy an ACR lol.

But it's troubling to only see black ones on display... no more FDE?
View Quote

They had FDE/Coyote ones on display. You just don't see pics because the new models were shown in black.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 5:46:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe it will finally lose it's place as the red headed step-child. If they actually release any of that stuff.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 7:49:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Bout friggin' time....  But will they suffer the from the Freedom Group/Remington QC issues that have found their way into everything they touch?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Hopefully years of waiting for a factory short (and long) barrel assembly has come to an end.  I won't believe until it's in people's hands, though, as the ACR community has been let down before.  I'll patiently wait for the 10.5" assembly so that I won't have to go to the custom route.

On a separate note, did anyone see that Franklin Armory is coming out with the binary trigger for the ACR???
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was told only the hand guard nothing else.  The gun will be available for individual law-enforcement purchase however.
View Quote

Individual LEO sale? If this is true, awesome!
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#20]
just called bushmaster and they said that they have 16in barrels available but not the fun size barrels, the fun sized barrels are 30 days out . And I was on hold for like 4 mins  so the reps don't even know what is going on. ahhhh the bushmaster company

I sold my acr years ago, just wanted to see if the bushmaster company is still the same bs spewing asshats
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Bushmasters site shows under construction .....
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Individual LEO sale? If this is true, awesome!
View Quote

Hopefully it's NOT the Remington version they showed on their FB page. Nothing more than a standard ACR with a Remington Defense rail, and a Remington banner across the receiver.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Bushmasters site shows under construction .....
View Quote

It's been under construction for the last six or so months.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#24]
meaning nothing is going to happen to the site or should I say no site at all - the bushmaster guarantee
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 11:12:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I talked extensively to Bushmaster about this.  The barrels are in the warehouses.  I'll be ordering some for customers soon once I recover from Shot Show.

As far as the Remington parts, Bushmaster has stated that they can produce them and will possibly later this year.  I've made sure they know that there is a major demand.  It sounds like they are listening to an extent.

I know it sucks to wait longer but the Remington Defense Acr is still under development.  The Remdef sales rep I talked to was about as smart as a box of rocks.  He couldn't tell me anything about the platform and his only knowledge on when it will be released to LEO only is 2018.  Remington won't even let me demo one through my work with a department letterhead even though I design parts for them and repair them.

The excuse I got for the Acr was, the government agency that wanted them killed their test on it, thus killing the rifle.  Same thing happened to the Honey Badger.  Now a new government agency wants the PDW and it's back on the board.   I feel that this is a line of crap but what can you expect from Remington.   Keep in mind, Remington Defense is not Bushmaster (which actually might be a good thing, Remington Defense customer service sucks...)

There are other upgrades in store for the Acr that I can't talk about but there is hope for it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 11:12:13 PM EDT
[#27]
I talked extensively to Bushmaster about this.  The barrels are in the warehouses.  I'll be ordering some for customers soon once I recover from Shot Show.

As far as the Remington parts, Bushmaster has stated that they can produce them and will possibly later this year.  I've made sure they know that there is a major demand.  It sounds like they are listening to an extent.

I know it sucks to wait longer but the Remington Defense Acr is still under development.  The Remdef sales rep I talked to was about as smart as a box of rocks.  He couldn't tell me anything about the platform and his only knowledge on when it will be released to LEO only is 2018.  Remington won't even let me demo one through my work with a department letterhead even though I design parts for them and repair them.

The excuse I got for the Acr was, the government agency that wanted them killed their test on it, thus killing the rifle.  Same thing happened to the Honey Badger.  Now a new government agency wants the PDW and it's back on the board.   I feel that this is a line of crap but what can you expect from Remington.   Keep in mind, Remington Defense is not Bushmaster (which actually might be a good thing, Remington Defense customer service sucks...)

There are other upgrades in store for the Acr that I can't talk about but there is hope for it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 4:34:43 AM EDT
[#28]
I wonder what the specs on the barrels are going to be. Same nitride 1/9 or 8 or chrome 1/7 or different specs for each?
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 5:52:28 AM EDT
[#29]
To me, Remington products cannot be trusted...
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#30]
The barrels are all 1/7.  Not sure if the production acrs that came with a 1/9 will change to 1/7
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

So does this mean that an LEO, without department letterhead, can purchase one for personal use in 2018, or do you still have to go through the agency letterhead/official purchase song and dance?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:01:41 PM EDT
[#32]
It sounds like you need to have an official letterhead for one of these.  They were being super anal about it.  Worse than HK.  I have never had a good talk with Remington Defense about much of anything in 3 years.  All they care about is contracts (that they rarely get).  The only 2 rifles they really ever dropped out was the MSR and M2010 for the most part and some HK416 rails.  The R5, Acr, LVAW (Honey Badger) and more haven't seen the light of day minus some test samples and pissed off former employees releasing out from under them

It sounded to me like they didn't care about individual officers that could use this platform.  One of my buddies had 1-2 of them on order and it was cancelled before they shipped it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 8:38:01 PM EDT
[#33]
anyone get the acr barrels yet from bm??
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm definitely in for a 10.5" barrel once they come out.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#35]
10.5 tend to sell out quick but plan on picking one up the second they return. 
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#36]
I got a factory 10.5" barrel from bigdog two months ago. 
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:29:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone see any factory 10.5" Blackout barrels yet?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Anyone see any factory 10.5" Blackout barrels yet?
View Quote
They haven't released any .300BLK barrels yet. Apparently, the .300BLK is tricky to get to work with subs, supers, and with/without a can on external piston guns. 
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:12:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The barrels are all 1/7.  Not sure if the production acrs that came with a 1/9 will change to 1/7
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The barrels on current production rifles are now the new 1/7 twist. They finally have done away with the 1/9 twist barrels. The 16" (on a new rifle or conversion kit) is the same M4 profile, it's just now 1/7 twist. The 14.5" and 10.5" are a slightly narrower straight profile without the M203 notch, while the 18.5" DMR is of course a heavier profile. All are 1/7 twist.

Another change on the current production is the safety selector; they now come with the new metal safety selector, originally found on the DMR model. Picture

Quoted:

It's been under construction for the last six or so months.
Yeah, it was down for almost a year. It's back up now though. A warning on the website/catalog: the images are mostly old ones from preproduction guns from when they first started making the ACR and don't always reflect the current product. For example, the pictures of the barrel kits shows a thin profile barrel for all the lengths and shows a bayonet lug on the gas block. Those two features never actually existed on any Bushmaster ACR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top