Link Posted: 9/5/2016 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe?
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#4]
What's the difference besides the rollmark?
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Remington ACR has a different rail system and uses and aluminum lower that will accept ar grips.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#6]
No. They killed the remdef Acr. It's 2 pounds lighter and has a much better handguard. It's basically a fully tuned to the max Acr. Every component was modified.

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:13:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Well hot damn that sucks. They say HK thinks we suck and they hate us... but Remington has to be worse. They don't even have import laws as an excuse.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:35:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Unfortunately no, however there were some semi auto only remdef acrs that got out, I know of two of them and am fortunate to snag one of them up
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:51:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Honestly the civilian acrs aren't as good overall but they can be modded.  Msrp on a remdef is over 3k. You can do a lot of work to a bushy and still be under their prices.  Hell for 2k, you could have a damn nice setup if you go for the right parts.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 3:59:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Remington ACR has a different rail system and uses and aluminum lower that will accept ar grips.
View Quote

Trigger guard too right?
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:21:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Any idea how they managed to shave off 2 lbs?

That's quite a lot of weight and has be curious.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#12]
They lightened everything up.
Bolt
Internal rails
The entire piston setup
Rail
Trunion
Bolt catch
Mag catch

That being said, the v2 lower I tested weighed more than my factory lower. The bolt also can't go as light as a semi auto Acr because of bolt bounce

My acr weighs 6.5 pounds with a medium profile 10.2" barrel.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Unfortunately no, however there were some semi auto only remdef acrs that got out, I know of two of them and am fortunate to snag one of them up
View Quote

Pics man?
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I posted some on the official ACR pic thread
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 7:55:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Has Remington ever given a reason as to why they haven't release a semi-only variant?

It's not like Shrubmaster is going to fight tooth and nail to keep selling their overpriced POS, they're lucky to sell a dozen a year.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 8:15:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Has Remington ever given a reason as to why they haven't release a semi-only variant?

It's not like Shrubmaster is going to fight tooth and nail to keep selling their overpriced POS, they're lucky to sell a dozen a year.
View Quote

I think you're misguided and picking at flaws that aren't there. Bushmaster did a good job with the rifle, they just didn't support it like they promised the community they would. Remington Defense is gone and all production responsibilities are going to be handled by Bushmaster; so whether you like that eventuality or not, it's what's going to happen. I would suggest you give it a try and see for yourself before you follow the bad publicity from disgruntled consumers who wanted a $1200 rifle. For the record, the ACR did sell very well and still continues to fly off shelves.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
Why would they? One gun was for civilian consumption, the other only existed to get military contracts.

Both are owned by the same company, if the cheapest gun isn't selling why would they waste resources trying to sell the more expensive version of the same gun?

Your post is written like you're not super familiar with he whole history of the rifle, or the four main companies involved.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:40:26 PM EDT
[#18]
^^ Madcap is completely right.

The Acr is actually selling believe it or not. That being said, they have sold over 20,000 Acr's so far.  The estimated number right now is 25k-30k on the street.

The MSRP on a Remington Acr is around 3464 dollars Btw.  That's the real deal MSRP on them before they died.   This was confirmed by one of my LEO buddies that I'm building a post sample for.   He submitted an official letterhead to his local Remington Leo Rep for it.

Nothing that Remington Defense has made is cheap.  Look at the M2010, Racs, HK 416 rails...  My estimate on just a handguard for the Acr is 650-700 dollars.

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:30:49 PM EDT
[#19]
The crappy part is the ACR isn't that bad of a rifle, it just got wrecked by crossed up marketing.

Magpul designed a pretty bad ass AR-180 derived rifle, had a lot of cool features designed to compete against other Advanced Combat Rifle entries.

But their core competency isn't weapons manufacture and sale, which they routinely stated. But they gave into market demand then when the rubber hit the road the only way to

make a rifle that people could afford to buy was really what is for sale now. Coupled with their really, really poorly estimated MSRP prior to getting it's redesign as a production gun, I'm amazed the rifle has survived at all, let alone still sells.

I'm glad the price has come down, my buddy picked one up about a year ago for like 1500 or so, which really is pretty competitive for the features it has. They shoot pretty nice as well. IMHO beats the pants off the SCAR and is at least equal to the XCR at least for the short period I got to goof with his, but that was all close range dirt berming.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:10:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Not trying to turn this into a Scar vs Acr thread, but the recoil on the Scar really turned me off.  The bolt is just so heavy compared to the rest of the rifle.  It shot great but was more bouncy than what I'm used to.  I'd like to get some trigger time behind a 10" Scar to have a good comparison versus the two.

Everyone compares the price of the Acr to the initial 1,200 dollar tag but realistically it's on par with the Scar as far as overall performance.  They both have their pro's and con's.

Without alot of work, the Acr will weigh more than the Scar.  Mine is one of the few that beat out the Scar on that category.  The AR15 barrel part is a major plus for the Acr imo.  Not dealing with Remington is a major plus for the Scar...
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#21]
http://www.fieldandstreamshop.com/s/weekly-ad

Page 5 of their weekly sale ad for $1650
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top