Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2017 11:50:37 PM EDT
I just bought a AEM5, thinking about doing a form 1 for a home made can.

would be nice to make one that will fit a AEMB mount.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I made one. Do you have a lathe?
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is the basic drawing that I used. The lengths are correct. You can adjust the diameters to fit your particular build. I drilled the center hole 55/64". The depth was set to get about 3/8" of thread. I don't remember the number exactly. The taper should be about .92-.93 diameter and is 20 deg per side. I tapped mine 5/8-24 like an AE-22 or AE-30, but the M22x1 threading would be in the same location length wise. You can vent the front support rib any number of ways into the reflex area. If anyone else wants to use this or make improvements or modifications, feel free.

Attachment Attached File

ETA: reloaded the image. Photobucket sucks.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:33:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here is the basic drawing that I used. The lengths are correct. You can adjust the diameters to fit your particular build. I drilled the center hole 55/64". The depth was set to get about 3/8" of thread. I don't remember the number exactly. The taper should be about .92-.93 diameter and is 20 deg per side. I tapped mine 5/8-24 like an AE-22 or AE-30, but the M22x1 threading would be in the same location length wise. You can vent the front support rib any number of ways into the reflex area. If anyone else wants to use this or make improvements or modifications, feel free.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/mnandy/14498781-ADFA-4901-8513-51FE83CB8485.jpg[/URL]
View Quote
Cool thanks
 Did you buy your parts or were they all hand made?
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 6:09:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cool thanks
 Did you buy your parts or were they all hand made?
View Quote
I made them.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Any pics of the build? I grasp what the drawing shows but its just the part the mount goes into right?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/image-4-449x660.png
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I have it glued together, so no pics of just the rear mount. For the nazis out there, the engraving is away from the camera.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top