Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2017 9:01:13 AM EDT
I currently have a plethora of .22's and a .22 suppressor.

My bolt action .22 with the suppressor and subsonic rounds is the quietest rifle ever.

That being said, my cousin still makes me want to buy an airgun because that's the only thing he can shoot in his area without his neighbors complaining.

Do I even bother getting into the airgun world?  It would be mostly just for fun/plinking at the range.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#1]
are they complaining or is it illegal? I wouldn't bother with it if you were fine (and safe) to shoot on your property. That said, I bought a red ryder single pump BB gun to shoot at rats in my yard. even air guns in my town are considered firearms, and illegal to shoot without using in self defense.

That said, a 22 bolt gun with the aguila light loads suppressed is actually quieter than a red ryder. I'm not looking to be a felon though.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you WANT to buy an airgun? It's OK if you do. I, for one, will not think less of you . . .

Seriously, quality adult airguns are great. You can shoot any time, almost anywhere. Per shot cost is next to nothing. The level of precision some airguns provide is off the chart. The variety is mind-boggling.

Airguns are cool.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes. You are lucky if you can legally shoot a 22 on your property but airguns are fun. You can just grab and shoot in your back yard or other places where guns won't fly.

I follow all firearm safety rules with my airgun _but_ you don't have to be quite as paranoid about the backstop, ricochet, glasses, etc.. before the safety police jump me you do need to be careful but not to the same degree.

I shoot from my kitchen out the back door in the burbs, no worries. Cheap ammo, accurate, and can be powerful enough to hunt almost anything. They are fun and you need one.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:16:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I stopped going to public ranges recently after a ricochet from one of the many shooters hitting steel went passed me and through the back and front windshield of the RO's car . I found some high end German break barrel air rifles at my local LGS he wanted to get rid of and I was happy to take them off his hands for 150 total. FWB 124D .177 and a Beeman RX-1 .20 cal, these air rifles are no kids toys and their prices new . Break barrels are a different beast and take a little time to learn how to shoot them accurately but once you get it you will be stacking pellets on top of each other !! Its great that at anytime I feel like target shooting I can just walk out in my backyard and have at it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top