Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2017 12:08:28 PM EDT
So just getting in to air rifles so I can shoot from the comfort of my backyard. Went to my local LGS and found 6 air rifles in the used rack. Owner tells me he is trying to just get rid of all the used and antique guns to make room for new inventory. Picked out 2, practically brand new Fienwerkbau 124 D .177 that needs new seals, with no price tag and a Beeman RX-1 .20 that was also in great condition with a 400 dollar price tag. After a little back and forth I walked out with both rifles, FWB for 50 bucks and the Beeman for 100
Are these rifles easy to work on ? Should be getting 20 cal pellets in to test the Beeman out.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:59:56 PM EDT
[#1]
your on the wrong site.......
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:42:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh
My
Goodness....
I
Am
Jealous.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So just getting in to air rifles so I can shoot from the comfort of my backyard. Went to my local LGS and found 6 air rifles in the used rack. Owner tells me he is trying to just get rid of all the used and antique guns to make room for new inventory. Picked out 2, practically brand new Fienwerkbau 124 D .177 that needs new seals, with no price tag and a Beeman RX-1 .20 that was also in great condition with a 400 dollar price tag. After a little back and forth I walked out with both rifles, FWB for 50 bucks and the Beeman for 100
Are these rifles easy to work on ? Should be getting 20 cal pellets in to test the Beeman out.
View Quote
I hate you.    Build/buy a spring compressor, get tune kits/seals from ARH or Vortek, and enjoy.   You stole those rifles.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not making this up. Yesterday a friend called me saying he was at a garage sale and theres an airgun there and he wanted an opinion. It was an (RSW) model 48 in .22 for  $150 and should he buy it. I told him yes buy it, and if you don't want it buy it for me and I'll pay you later. He bought it and says he wants to keep it, we'll see because he's always buying selling and trading.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not making this up. Yesterday a friend called me saying he was at a garage sale and theres an airgun there and he wanted an opinion. It was an (RSW) model 48 in .22 for  $150 and should he buy it. I told him yes buy it, and if you don't want it buy it for me and I'll pay you later. He bought it and says he wants to keep it, we'll see because he's always buying selling and trading.
View Quote
I never find those kinds of deals.  I guess I should start going to garage sales.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's my next and last air rifle purchase I will make !!! Love that 48 side lever Had one priced out at a LGS and they said 560 !!! Hopefully I will find one at a yard sale or flea market at a cheaper price
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:52:34 PM EDT
[#7]
He brought it over for me to take to the range. It was pretty beat up. The rod was bent and the front sight is smooshed (probably dropped or banged against walls), lots of dings on the stock. But it works.
I chronod it with CP's 14.3 grains
Not real consistent but pretty accurate at 25 yards anyway.
I straightened the rod and adjusted it an cleaned it up and the bore. I've never even seen one of these before so I did what I could. I'd say it was still a good buy.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#8]
New rods are available from Pyramid Air.  I had to get a new one for mine when a newbie tried to close the action without releasing the anti-beartrap.

With new seals and perhaps a new spring, that RWS 48 should shoot quite well.  If your buddy wants to make that a really sweet shooter, look at tuning options to bring it down to about 12 ft-lbs.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
He brought it over for me to take to the range. It was pretty beat up. The rod was bent and the front sight is smooshed (probably dropped or banged against walls), lots of dings on the stock. But it works.
I chronod it with CP's 14.3 grains
Not real consistent but pretty accurate at 25 yards anyway.
I straightened the rod and adjusted it an cleaned it up and the bore. I've never even seen one of these before so I did what I could. I'd say it was still a good buy.
View Quote
Just love the mechanics of the 48 !! There is a 52 near me in .177 that has been used for 350. Did a nice little work out with the RX-1 yesterday and woke up with a nice bruise on my thigh Ordered parts to make a pump for the piston to toy around with, was told 26 bar is the max and 21-22 is the sweet spot. Caldwell chrony coming in soon before I start.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top